Chapter 7: Training

Chelsea:

I wake the next morning and change into something casual, but still my flirty self. I brush my hair letting the incident of last night roll off my back. James avoids me, Theo gives me a curious look, and Bethany gives me a triumphant smirk.

"Chelsea, you're in charge of the training today." Vanessa says. "Andrew, you and James are going to patrol this morning."

"Yes Ma'am." Andrew says.

"Theodore, Chelsea you're the training coaches today."

Theo nods and I start looking around feeling lightheaded. I start the stamina rune and Theo finishes it for me. "It's, back isn't it?" Theo asks Michael stays strapped to my back these days and my cane propped against the table. I don't say anything as I start to feel better.

"I'm fine Theo." I tell him waving him off. "I'm going to go get ready."

He gives an unsure nod and I head to my room to change into my training clothes. It always gets hot and there's no AC, I just wear a sports bra and shorts. I pick out my splatter paint bra and matching shorts then tie my hair into a tight ponytail and head to the training room where I begin warming up Michael strapped to my back as I get in a few punches on the punching bag and take a few practice swings with Michael before picking up my bow set and aiming for the target. I get seven bulls eyes in rapid succession.

"You look exhausted, did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah, after I left." I tell him. "Batman came to my room last night."

"You really are sick, Batman is a fictitious mundane superhero."

"Blackthorn was wearing Batman pajamas." I tell him softly as Harrison and Bethany walk in.

"How did I know you were going to wear something like that?" Theo asks me.

"You're my parabatai." I answer his rhetorical question. "And we grew up together."

"That's cute, we match, they match, sibling match day. We should call Jace, Alec, and Isabelle from NY to get them to match too." Theo says looking at Bethany and Harrison's outfits. Heading over to the training closet.

"We'll start with Sparring." I tell them. Theo walks over with four sparring staffs. He tosses me one before handing one to Harrison and Bethany.

"Find your center of balance with it." Theo says holding it his arms shoulder width apart the staff centered in his hands. "Then make sure to know how to come back to it quickly after you've given your attack." Theo demonstrates on me as I block each blow with his staff by turning or moving my own. He goes back to his starting grip as I deliver a series of basic blows with my own staff.

"Chelsea, you and Harrison practice together." Theo quirks a grin winking discretely at me. I just roll my eyes at him.

"Feet shoulder width apart." Theo instructs I hear him tapping Bethany's feet with his staff.

"Watch your opponent." I tell Harrison as his gaze fixates on my exposed skin. I knock him upside the head with my staff. His focus immediately returns the training. If it didn't get so hot I'd put a shirt on, but oh well. "Their eyes tell you everything."

"How do you keep doing that." He asks me as I pin him to the floor again with both staffs in my hand and my foot on his chest. One staff at his throat the other as protection of myself my eyes fixed on his face.

"Years of training and practice." I answer stepping back tossing his staff to him. He catches it midair and jumps up without hands getting ready to face off again.