Chapter 14: Home?

Theo:

I could've sworn that was her. The hair, the walk, the way she carries herself.

"We'll find her Theodore." Alec says. "If we can find Jace in another state, we can find Chelsea in the same city."

A girl with big blue eyes watches me, but her hair isn't right it's pin straight, and too dark, and the makeup is a bit too much. She's with a man inspecting his clothes as she talks to him watching me closely. She walks into the dressing room and that's when I notice my rune's pulsing, more life than it's had since she let.

"She's here somewhere. I can feel it."

"Where?"

"Here, somewhere." I tell him. I look around for her familiar face, something to pull me to her. The girl walks out of the dressing room walking back to man who is with her, he takes her hand and they walk out, my rune slowly stops pulsing. "That was Chelsea, she dyed her hair. That must have been Noah."

"Let's go." Alec says, we both race outside to see Noah and the girl, Chelsea, get into a sleek black Lincoln Continental.

"License plate number F-O-G 1945." Alec starts talking, I thought he was talking to me. "License Plate, Illinois, Number. Foxtrot Oscar Golf. 1-9-4-5." Alec says into his phone. "Also numbered Frank Ocean George 1-9-4-5." He pauses, "Black Lincoln Continental. The newest model."

He pockets his phone and looks at me. "Jace and Andrew are going to start looking I have to call Isabelle and Clary."

"Shouldn't we make sure that no one looks the same place."

"We've all got our original search plan that you set up."

"Thanks again for coming out to help, you didn't even know her but you're here anyway."

"We may not know her personally, but we know of her. When we find her, Jace wants to know if she could beat him."

"If he doesn't mind getting his butt kicked she'd gladly do it." I laugh, "The only time someone beat her was after a greater demon attack and she was still recovering." I tell him as we search for the car that holds the other piece of me. "None of us actually count it, not even the person that beat her. She was breathing hard and when I pulled her back to her feet it took a while for her to stabilize herself. I drew the stamina rune and retraced her balance rune three times at least before they held."

"I'd love to take her on one day when we bring her back to your institute."

"She loves learning new techniques. Bethany, the girl that tried to kill her, wanted to take her on. Bethany and her brother Harrison are like Clary, new to the shadow world. James too, but he was raised by a shadowhunter that did teach him things, but as mundane world applications instead of fighting techniques. Bethany was not pleased when Chelsea was able to read every move she was delivering, but Chelsea was one of the ones that trained her along with Andrew and myself. She's got every move we've learned here memorized and how to counter, and how to distract long enough to execute it."

"Izzy found out she'd been to the Citadel, inside, what was it like?" Alec asks.

"She doesn't talk much about that. She was really sick when that happened." I answer spotting a Continental, wrong plate.

"We'll find her." Alec says. His phone goes off. "Izzy and Sasha found something."

"The car?"

"Someone that knows him." He says.

"Let's go." The two of us race through town to the address Alec gave me. I see Sasha and race up to her. "What is it?"

She hands me an article.