Chapter 13: Nesabeth

Two weeks later:

I still haven't gone back to the institute. I keep my stock filled from the local church, I hide the stash under the shed and my dagger glamoured as a switch blade in my purse.

"You look absolutely beautiful Miss Elisabeth." Annie says after she fixes my hair, which I now have to keep dyed black, and does my makeup. Noah had another dress sitting out waiting for me along with the shoes and jewelry along with it in other boxes.

Please accept and wear these tonight.
-Noah

"Thank you, Annie." I tell her as I head to the elevator to meet Noah on the main floor. "Noah?" I look around the empty foyer.

"You look beautiful Elisabeth." He tells me taking my hands and pulling me into the house. "We're not leaving, we're in the backyard tonight." He says.

I let him take my hand and we walk to the gazebo where lights are strung and a table is set in the middle with Italian enchiladas and sparkling grape juice. A violinist is playing softly. "This is amazing, thank you." I tell him pressing a soft kiss on his cheek as he pulls out my chair for me.

"Things are a little crazy outside of the estate with my company, the media is going a little crazy, I wanted to take you out, but couldn't, so I figured this was the next best thing."

"You never told me what you did."

"I run an international talent agency." He says opening the sparkling grape juice, "I would've had wine, but you're not old enough for alcohol."

"I happen to love grape juice, so this is perfect." I tell him. "Thanks for letting me stay here indefinitely." I tell him.

"You don't have to keep thanking me you know. I'm glad for the company." He brushes my new bangs from my face. "This place is a lonely prison sometimes when it's just me." He takes my hand and presses a kiss to it. "You give it the life that it lacks."

"I've never left the school for so long." I tell him, "But I can't go back there. Not yet. "

"There's no rush." He says as we finish dinner and he pushes back his chair. The table and chairs are cleared away. One of the butlers holds out a tray of cannoli. I thank him as I take one. The tray gets placed on a small table in the corner.

"These are delicious Noah." I tell him as I finish it.

"I know a guy." He shrugs. "Would you care to dance?" He asks holding out a hand. I smile and take his hand. He places a hand on my waist and I place mine on his bicep.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin' stars
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now
Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin' stars
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now

Yeah, yeah I could use a dream or a genie or a wish
To go back to a place much simpler than this
Cause after all the partying and smashing and crashing
And all the glitz and glam and the fashion
And all the pandemonium and all the madness
There comes a time when you fade to the blackness
And when you're staring at the phone in your lap
And you hoping but them people never call you back
But that's just how the story unfolds
You get another hand soon after you fold
And when your plans unravel in the sand
What would you wish for, if you had one chance?
So airplane airplane sorry I'm late
I'm on my way so don't close that gate
If I don't make that then I'll switch my flight and
I'll be right back at it by the end of the night