2. Hanky

(AACHOOO!)

      I sat up wearily and wiped my nose. "Gesundheit!" Plagg muttered as he hovered over to me. "Ugh, I feel like shit..." I trailed off as I tossed the covers aside and climbed out of bed. "Well maybe next time you'll refrain from sulking in the rain all night" he scolded as he crossed his little nubs. I rolled my eyes. "Yea, yea..." I mumbled as I brushed my teeth. When I was done, I stared at myself in the mirror for a few seconds, I was a bit pale and I had bags under my eyes. "Thank God it's my day off..." I murmured as Plagg hovered in front of me. "So am I gonna have to starve or what?" he asked with his nubs on his hips. I sighed exasperatedly and made my way to the mini fridge.

      "Go nuts..." I retorted as I placed the wheel of cheese on my desk. "My gooeyness!" Plagg mused as he caressed the cheese lovingly. I rolled my eyes with a smile and made my way to the closet. I could hear Plagg chewing noisily behind me. (AACHOO!) Another sneeze racked my body as I was changing clothes. I was about to put on my pants but the sneeze made me loose my balance, causing me to trip over my pants and fall on my face.

    "Ooohh..." I groaned wearily as I stood up again. Plagg snickered from my desk. "Shut up Plagg!" I hissed, my cheeks red with embarrassment. "Sorry kid, but that was hilarious!" he said with a grin. I rolled my eyes at him again as I finished getting dressed. I was about to head out when a soft knock echoed through my room. "Adrien, your breakfast is served..." I ran my fingers through my hair quickly, and ushered Plagg into my book bag. "Thank you Natalie..." I confirmed then waited for her footsteps to retreat.

     (ACHOO!) I sneezed loudly again. "Here, take this with you..." Plagg said as he hovered over to my closet and pulled out the blue scarf I received for my birthday. "Thank you Plagg..." I said stuffily as I wrapped it around my neck. I shivered lightly. "Maybe you should stay home..." Plagg said worriedly as he tucked himself back in my bag. I shook my head. "School is the only escape I get, I'm not about to give that up just because of a few sneezes..." Plagg sighed but didn't argue as I made my way downstairs.

Natalie stood at the bottom of the stairs. She was holding my father's tablet. I could see she was working on my schedule for tomorrow. "I'm not very hungry today, please give my apologies to the chef..." Natalie nodded as I made my way outside, where the gorilla was waiting for me.
"Morning..." I muttered as I put my safety belt on. He nodded in acknowledgement and pulled away from the house. Another shiver ran through me, causing me to bury my nose in the warm, soft fabric of the scarf. I glanced down at it curiously. It was so different from all the other clothes I owned. "I wonder who made it...?" I asked myself as I lifted the ends and looked for a tag. I was about to look at the stitching, but the sound of us stopping made me look up.

    We had arrived. I thanked my driver, then quickly shuffled out of the car, closing the door behind me. I waved at Alya and Nino as I made my way over. My heart raced when I caught sight of her raven hair. "Morning dude!" Nino fist bumped me. "Morning Nino, Morning Alya, M-Marinette..."

'What the hell? Why did I just stutter?' I asked myself, a bit confused. "Oh, uh hi, I mean no, I..uh morning...!" Marinette fidgeted as she spoke. Alya elbowed her in the rib. She gave me a large grin then, her cheeks red as she waved. I cocked an eyebrow but followed them inside.

     "ADRIKINS!!!" Chloe shouted as she clung to my neck. She was wearing a really feathery coat. I could feel my nose begin to itch. "C-Chloe, I'm allergic to f-f...ACHOO!!" I couldn't hold it and sneezed directly on Chloe. "Ew!!!! Adrikins why!?" she sobbed as she ran off with Sabrina. Nino, Alya and Marinette all burst out laughing. "Serves that witch right!" Alya cheered as we made our way to our seats. My face was bright red.

I was about to sit down, when a soft voice made me turn. "A-Adrien...?" Marinette began, barely loud enough for me to hear. I turned to find her holding a small pink handkerchief out to me. I could feel my face getting warm as I took the small piece of cloth from her. "I'll return it to you after I have it washed..." I reassured her. She waved her hands back and forth. " N-no! I h-have more so don't worry!" I smiled gratefully. "Thank you Marinette..." I managed to say just as the bell rang signaling the beginning of class.

(A few hours later)

     "Please be back on time!" Miss. Bustier shouted as we shuffled out of the classroom. I met up with Alya and Nino outside, Marinette followed behind me. I shivered. My head was hurting. "Hey dude, you want to go somewhere for lunch?" Nino asked. I shook my head. "No thank you Nino, I have a shoot to go to..." I lied. Nino shrugged and waved as he excused himself. Marinette said she had to help her parents in the bakery and excused herself as well. After Alya had left too, I made my way over to a small alley and unzipped my bag. "You don't have any shoots today..." Plagg said as he eyeballed me suspiciously. " I just need to get some air..." I trailed off as I looked at him. He sighed. "Claws Out!"

  I vaulted and jumped over the roof tops of Paris as I let my mind go blank. My lungs burned and my head spun as I sprinted through the city. The cool air felt nice on my feverish skin. I landed on the roof-top terrace of the bakery as I caught my breath, I was about to take off again, when suddenly, everything began to spin. "W-woah..." I stuttered as I used my baton to steady myself. My legs turned into jello and gave away under me. "C-crap..." I hissed weakly as my vision blurred. A pair of small pink flats stopped in front of me just before everything went black.