12. Measurements (Marinette)

After lunch everybody went their separate ways. I stayed home and helped Maman clean. After I was done, I made my way upstairs. "Eeeee!" I squealed happily as I dropped my book-bag on the floor and let myself fall back on my chaise. "Adrien asked me to be his date for next Saturday!!" I gushed as I squeezed my small pillows. Tikki hovered next to me. "Don't forget you have to design an outfit for Adrien..." she reminded. I sat up with a gasp. "What if I mess up?! What if I fail and make a complete fool of myself!? Adrien will be humiliated and he'll banish me from his home forever and I'll never get a chance to ask him out to the movies!!" I let my head hang as I sobbed dramatically.

Tikki rolled her eyes and lifted up my chin. "Marinette, this is a chance of a lifetime! Adrien and his dad have connections in the fashion industry! This is your chance to showcase your designs and build a reputation for yourself!" She floated circles around my head. I smiled determined. "You're right Tikki! This is my chance to impress Adrien and I won't let him down!" I said as I opened up my sketchbook and began sketching some designs.

(TAP, TAP)

"Tikki hide!" I whispered. "It's open!" I shouted once she was out of sight. I glanced up to see a pair of bright green eyes peer into my room. "Bonjour Purrincess!" he said as he dropped in. "Bonjour Minou..." I mumbled without looking up. "What are you drawing?" he asked curiously. I smiled as I showed him my designs. "Wow those look amazing!" he mused as he plopped down on the chaise next to me. "You think so?!" I asked with a smile. He nodded. "One of my classmates asked me to design a suit for him so I thought I would start on it right away!" I said excitedly.

"Oh no..." the color drained from my face when I remembered. "Everything okay Purrincess?" I shook my head and pulled at my pigtails anxiously. "I forgot to ask him for his measurements!" I groaned as I buried my face in my sketchbook. "Well, maybe I can help..." Cat said as he stood up. I glanced at him for a few seconds. "Hm...you do seem to be around the right height..." I trailed off. He smiled and bowed. "At your service Purrincess!" I stood up and walked in a circle around him. "You seem to have the right constitution as well..." I muttered pensively.

"Ok, I'll bite. You can be my model Cat" I said as I walked over to my desk and picked up the measuring tape. "Hold still..." I instructed as I measured his shoulders. He obeyed. "You're really passionate about this whole fashion design thing aren't you?" He asked as I measured his arm length. I nodded. "You're also a big fan of that Gabriel Agreste guy huh?" I nodded as I wrapped the tape measure around his torso. "How did you know that?" I asked him curiously. He pointed at my wall. I could feel the color drain from my face when I realized what he was pointing at.

"I...uh I...n-no...I...!" I stuttered as I tried to take a step back. My feet got tangled with the straps of my book-bag causing me to lose my balance. "Look out!" He shouted, catching me just before I fell. I could feel my face turn dark red. Cat had his hand wrapped around my waist. "You really have to be more careful..." he said as he pulled me up gently. I nodded, my heart fluttering wildly. "Pull yourself together Marinette!" I scolded myself as I took in a deep breath. "You okay?" he asked again. I nodded. "Y-yea, I'm fine. Let's just finish your measurements..." he nodded.

Once we were done, I jotted down the results and sat on my desk wearily. "All of those clothes he's wearing are from last year's collection right?" he asked as he continued to stare at my posters of Adrien. My face turned dark red. "Y-yea I... s-suppose so..." I trailed off nervously. "If you want, I could get you an autographed piece of his work...." My eyes opened wide. "You know Gabriel Agreste?" He smiled, "I know a lot of people Purrincess..." he said with a wink as he extended his baton.

"I got to go, I've got some stuff I need to take care of. I take it you don't have physics homework today?" He asked with a smile. I shook my head. "Not today Cat, but thanks for the help!" He bowed exaggeratedly. "Glad to be of service!" I smiled as he made his way up the stairs to my trap door. "See you later Purrincess!" he saluted me with two fingers just before vaulting away. When he was gone, I made my way back inside.

"You really shouldn't leave your stuff laying all over the place..." Tikki said as she came out from her hiding spot. I nodded and sat down with a sigh. "That was close. He almost found out about my crush on Adrien..." I trailed off wearily. "Yea, wouldn't want him finding out before Adrien does..." she said with an accusatory gaze. "What is that supposed to mean?" I said with a pout.

Tikki giggled and hovered up to me. "You have to tell him Marinette, it's been over a year since you've had this crush on him!" I slouched back on my chair. "Ugh!!! I know, I just....get so flustered when I'm around him..." I muttered as I glanced down at my shoes. "You're Ladybug, the super heroine of Paris! Have some courage Marinette!" I sighed wearily just as a loud crash made the bakery shake. "Looks like duty calls..." I trailed off. Tikki nodded with determination. "Spots On!"