28.Gift

"That was gross..." Plagg complained when he flew out of my ring. I laid down on my bed, a large dopey grin on my face. "What's up with you kid? You look like you have gas or something..." he rasped un-amused as he crossed his nubs. "She kissed me back Plagg..." I sighed dreamily as I stared up at my ceiling. I could feel my face get warm as I remembered.

"That was an abuse of my power. I'm here to help you battle akumas, not aide you in finding a girlfriend!" He hissed, disapprovingly. "Chill out Plagg, you're harshing my buzz..." I said as I sat up on my bed. "Well if you think I'm ruining your mood now, wait till I give you the news. Your Father is--" (Knock, Knock)

"Hide!" I hissed as I turned my head. Natalie walked in a few seconds later, holding the tablet. "Adrien, do you have your suit ready for Saturday?" She asked without looking up. "Yea, hey Natalie..." I began. "To the gala on Saturday, is it okay if I bring a date?" I asked, a light blush spreading across my cheeks. "As long as she's presentable, I'm sure your father won't object" she said as she adjusted her glasses. "Thanks Natalie" I said flashing her a smile.

"She's gone" I called out after she had left my room. I walked over to my desk and re-read the valentine's day note she had written as Plagg hovered over to me. "Kid, we really need--" "Plagg!" I interrupted him as I hopped off my chair. "Let's go, we're going out" I said as I motioned for him to get in my shirt.

"KID WE NEED TO--" I raised my hand and interrupted him again. "I know, I know. We need to talk. Just come with me, we'll talk later, I promise." I said as I shot him a smile. He sighed exasperated and reluctantly got in my shirt. After I managed to sneak past Natalie, I made my way out of the mansion and down the street.

"Where are we going kid?" Plagg asked wearily from inside my shirt. "On Saturday, I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend..." I trailed off. "But you're going as Adrien, not Cat Noir..." Plagg retorted. "I know..." I replied as I looked both ways and crossed the street. "You're not going to do anything stupid are you?" He asked as I walked into the jewelry store that was across the street from the park.

"I'm going to tell her the truth Plagg..." I trailed off as I looked at the piece that was on display. "Adrien, you can't, it's dangerous!" He hissed in disapproval. "I can't keep lying to her Plagg..." I trailed off. He tucked his head back in my shirt as the sales lady approached me.

"Why hello Adrien!" She said in a cheerful voice. I waved sheepishly, "Hi Gladys" I said as I shot her a smile. She was a small, stout lady with short burgandy hair and brown eyes.

"What can I do for you dear?" I pointed at the glass case beside us "Can you wrap that up for me please?" I asked as I took out my wallet. "For a special lady in your life?" She asked as she obliged. My cheeks turned pink as I nodded. "Y-yea..."

        When I got home that night, Plagg had fallen asleep. I took him out of my shirt and gently laid him down on my pillow. "Night Plagg..." I whispered. I then took out the small rectangular box that I had gotten from Gladys. "I hope she accepts me...even without my mask..." I thought to myself as I glanced at the pink and green bracelet on my desk.
My heart fluttered when I remembered that day.

    After awhile, I put the small box in a safe place and made my way into bed. Plagg was snoring loudly. I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep, memories of her circling my dreams.