25. Ride

"Adrien, the car is ready..." Natalie's voice made us both jump away from each other. "Uh..okay! Be right out!" I shouted as I rubbed the nape of my neck sheepishly. "I'm gonna go change, I'll be right out" Marinette nodded as I dashed into the restroom. "What the hell was that?!" Plagg rasped as I took off the suit and put my regular clothes back on. "Plagg, now is not the time to be asking questions..." I muttered as I motioned for him to get in my shirt. "Funny, I think it's the perfect time!" he retorted as he hovered up to meet my gaze. "There's something odd about her Adrien. The other day when we were at her house, I felt something..." he trailed off as I fixed my hair. 

   "I sensed a powerful energy in her room. I think shes--" I raised my hand and silenced him. "Stop it Plagg, I've made up my mind. I've decided to give up on Ladybug and pursue Marinette..." I said as I fixed my shirt collar. "Adrien that's the thing, I think Marinette is--" He paused as I motioned to my shirt again. He sighed exasperatedly, but complied and hid in my shirt. "Marinette, would you like a ride to school?" I asked her as I walked out of the restroom and picked up my bag. "Uh sure..." she said nervously as I led the way downstairs.

       My driver was already outside waiting. I walked around and opened the door for Marinette. "T-thank you..." she stuttered, her face flashing pink as she got inside. I followed and closed the door behind me just as the driver pulled away. We rode in silence for the first few minutes. "So uh...I didn't know  you were a Cat Noir fan..." I trailed off casually. She glanced down at her shoes  sheepishly. "Y-yea, I used to think he was really over the top..." she began. "He's kind of a show off and his cat puns are terrible..." I pouted when she said that. "But underneath all of his bravado and jokes, he's actually a really sweet guy..." I stared at her incredulously, my heart racing. 

     "I feel like the reason he acts so flirty all the time is because the mask is his escape. He seems to live in a constricting environment, so the mask is the only way he can truly be himself..." She said glancing out the window pensively. A light blush dusted her freckled cheeks. "But when you look into those deep green eyes, you can see how lonely he really is..." I felt my face boiling over. "Why is my heart racing this way...? Why can't I stop blushing...?" I asked myself as I covered my face. "You seem really fond of him..." I mumbled as I glanced out the window;  my face a dark crimson. "Yea...I guess he grew on me he-he!" she smiled brilliantly. 

     As soon as the driver pulled up to the school, I jumped out gratefully. One more second in the car and I would've pulled her into my arms. I walked around the car and opened the door for her. "T-thank you for the ride..." she said as she hugged her book-bag to her chest, her face was still pink. "Y-yea no problem..." I said as I rubbed my neck. "Thank you for the suit, it's perfect and just in time too!" I said as we began walking towards the entrance. "The gala is in two days, so I'm going to be busy with preparations until then. But maybe we can hang out again afterwards...?" I asked hopefully as I smiled at her. She nodded. "Y-yea" she exclaimed shyly as we made it to the stairs. She waved at me as she continued inside with Alya. 

   "What was that?" Nino asked as I sighed dreamily. "Woah, earth to Adrien. Are you okay dude? you're like totally spaced out?" he said as he waved a hand in front of my face. "Yea, never better..." I trailed off happily as we made our way inside. A few seconds afterwards the bell rang, signaling the beginning of class.