7. Thank you

(Ring)

     "Please be on time kids! Marinette..." Miss Bustier, said as she gave Marinette a piercing look. She looked down at her desk embarrassed. "Yes miss..." she trailed off just as everyone began shuffling out of their seats. I waited for her outside. "I know gurl, but she has a point. You're never where you're  supposed to be, and you're never on time!" Alya scolded as they walked out. "Hey dude, so you wanna come have lunch with us?" Nino asked as he motioned to Alya and Marinette. "Actually, Marinette and I already have plans, right?" I said as I gave her a wink. Her face turned a dark crimson. Before Alya could say anything, I grabbed Marinette's arm and pulled her away with me. "See you guys in class!" I waved as we jogged towards the park. 

    Once we were out of sight, I let go of her arm. "Thank you..." she huffed as she caught her breath. I ran my fingers through my hair. "No prob, last thing we need is Alya grilling us both!" She snickered and nodded as we continued walking. "Where did you want to eat?" she asked as we entered the park. I shrugged. "Actually I'm not very hungry, I just really needed to talk to you..." I trailed off as we made our way over to the nearest table. "If you want, I'll get you something for the trouble..." I said as I motioned to the little cart that was stationed at the corner. She shook her head. "N-no worries, I brought lunch today..." she said as we sat down.

       I watched as she took out some delicious looking danishes. Their sweet and intoxicating aroma made my stomach growl. My face turned dark red. "Here..." she said as she offered me a danish. "Oh no Marinette, don't worry, I..." she silenced me by pushing the danish really close to my face. It smelled amazing. "Take it, Papa packed me more than enough..." she said with a warm smile. My heart fluttered uneasily. Her smile reminded me of Ladybug's.

   After a few seconds, I took the small pastry in my hands and hesitantly  took a bite. My mouth watered as the delicious, flaky bread melted in my mouth. "Mmmm!" I moaned happily as I devoured the rest of the bread. I couldn't remember the last time I ate something so yummy. When I was done, Marinette placed a croissant in front of me. "No Marinette, I'm fine..." I trailed off as she pointed to the small crescent piece of bread. Another happy moan escaped my throat as I savored the warm flaky crust.

      "So what did you want to talk to me about?" She asked as she wiped her face with a napkin. She handed me one and I took it gratefully. "Oh yea!" I exclaimed as I stood up and walked over to her side of the table. She tensed up the moment I sat next to her. "I wonder why she's so scared of me..."  I thought to myself as I took the handkerchief out of my pocket. "Here, I washed it for you..." I trailed off as I showed it to her. She reached out for it, but I stopped her. "Wait..." I said as I took off my scarf and placed it on the table, along with the handkerchief. She looked at me curiously as I flipped both of them over, revealing the stitched signatures.

           Her eyes widened. "Adrien..." she began, but I interrupted her. "Why didn't you tell me...?" She glanced down at her feet nervously. "I just...couldn't..." she trailed off. "You looked so happy when you thought it was from your dad, I just couldn't take that away from you. As long as you were happy, that was enough for me..." I could feel my face grow hot with embarrassment.  "Thank you, Marinette..." I said with a smile as I pulled her in and hugged her without warning. Her breathing accelerated. I was about to ask if she was okay, when suddenly a loud scream echoed through the park.

  We both glanced up just in time to see an akuma victim hovering over the city. "Lets go!" I shouted as I pulled  her up and we ran towards the school. Once we were far enough, I let go of her hand. "I forgot something, in the park, stay here!" she nodded as I turned and made my way to an alley. "Plagg, Claws out!"