29. Friday Part1. (Marinette)

"Good morning Marinette! You're up early!" Tikki said with a smile as she stretched. I brushed my hair into it's usual pigtails. "Are you okay?" she asked curiously. I didn't notice when she hovered over to me. "Marinette?" she asked again, breaking me out of my daze. "Huh? Oh hi Tikki..." I said as I finished my hair. "You seem really out of it today, you sure you're okay?" she asked again as I picked up my book-bag. "Y-yea, just a little distracted I guess..." I said as I made my way towards the trap door. "Is it because of Cat?" my face turned red when she asked.

I nodded sheepishly. "A little, but I'm also a bit nervous for tomorrow's Gala. "What if they don't like my designs, what if they laugh at me...?" Tikki shook her head. "You're overthinking again Marinette! You're a great designer, have pride in your work!" I smiled. "You're right Tikki, you're always right." I said as I poked her small tummy. She giggled. "Marinette, breakfast!" Maman called from downstairs. With a smile, I motioned for Tikki to get in my bag as I made my way down to the bakery.

After breakfast, I said goodbye to my parents and made my way to school."Hey girlie! Alya's voice made me turn around. "Morning Alya" I said with a smile as I waited for her to catch up. "You excited about tomorrow?" she asked as we walked together. I shrugged. "I think I'm more nervous than excited..." I trailed off as we crossed the street. "Gurl, stop it. You're going to be fine. Plus, you're gonna be with Adrien. I don't understand why you aren't swooning with excitement" she said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Think about it. You and Adrien, dancing together, holding each other..." she teased, nudging me with her elbow. My heart fluttered. "Me and Adrien..." My face turned pink when I thought about it. "Wait, what about Cat? We kissed. He won't like it if I'm out with another guy..." I thought fretfully to myself as we approached the school.

"You okay gurl? Your face got pale all of a sudden..." Alya asked as we passed the gate. "Marinette!" My heart raced when I heard his voice. I turned to see Adrien waving at me as he stepped out of his car. Alya twitched an eyebrow and gave me a pat in the back as she made her way inside without me.

"M-morning" he said when he reached me. "G-good morning" I uttered awkwardly. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked as he shifted his book-bag on his shoulder. I glanced down at my shoes wearily. "I'm kind of nervous..." I admitted. After a few seconds, he smiled softly. "You're amazing Marinette. You're a talented designer, everyone will love you. I promise..." he said as he took my hand in his

My heart fluttered. "I...uh..." I stuttered stupidly as the bell rang. Adrien smiled kindly as he pulled me along and led the way into the class.
The school day drifted by slowly. No matter how hard I tried, I found myself staring at the back of his head. When the bell rang, I made my way outside.

"Marinette, wait!" Adrien shouted as he caught up. "Come with me, I want to show you something..." he said as he pulled me towards his car. Hesitantly, I got in and the driver took us to his mansion. "Wow...." I mused awstricken as I stepped into his house. "What do you think...?" He asked nervously. "Adrien, it's beautiful..." I hummed as I looked around.

"Thanks, I decorated everything myself..." he said as he rubbed the nape of his neck. "All by yourself?" I asked incredulously. He nodded. "Y-yea. I kinda stayed up all night" he said sheepishly. White, cloth streamers adorned the large common room ceiling, enhancing the crystal chandelier. Large, decorative stars and see through balloons hung from the streamers. They seemed to be suspended in time.

The walls were adorned with similar streamers and circular lanterns. Glitter littered the floor and streamers sparingly, making everything sparkle. My heart fluttered when my favorite song started to play. I turned my head curiously to see Adrien a few feet away, his body bent in a bow. "May I have this dance?" He asked as he outstretched his hand.

My heart raced when I realized he reminded me of Cat. My face got warm as I placed my hand timidly in his. He pulled me in closer and placed his hands on my waist as we started swaying to the music. "This was the song that was playing when we first danced at Chloe's party, remember?" My cheeks turned red at the memory. Time seemed to slow down as we danced.

I took in a deep breath as I tried to steady my racing heart. His sweet scent invaded my nostrils as I let go and rested my head on his broad shoulders. "Marinette?" His warm breath prickled my neck, giving me goosebumps. "Y-yes...?" I glanced up shyly. "Can I keep you...?" He asked as we continued to sway. My heart nearly jumped out my throat.

"Adrien, we shouldn't..." I began in a whisper as the music slowed and he leaned in slowly. "Let me keep you..." he whispered again as he tightened his grip on my waist. My eyes began to feel heavy as he placed his hand gently on my cheek. "Please..." he whispered as the music stopped and he pressed his lips against mine.