20. Adrien or....?(Marinette)

"That was really sweet of you Marinette!" Tikki smiled as she hovered next to me. I slouched on my desk chair wearily. "Well he deserved that apology, I did break his heart after all..." she shook her head. "I meant the kiss!" She snickered. My face flashed pink. "Y-yea..." I trailed off.

(Knock, Knock!)

"Tikki hide!" I whispered just as the trap door opened. "Marinette dear, someone's here to see you" Maman said with a smile. "Alya?" I asked. She shook her head. "That nice boy..." she said as she pointed at the posters on my wall. "ADRIEN?!" I said louder than I should've. She nodded. "I'll send him up" she said turning around. "No wait--!" but she was gone. I tore down all of the posters frantically and shoved them into my desk drawer, just as a timid knock echoed through the room. "Yes!?" I shouted nervously as I shuffled about. I sat down, then stood up, then sat down again. I placed my elbow on the desk and leaned my head against my hand trying to look casual. "Marinette?" His voice made my heart race."C-come in!" I stuttered as I placed my hands between my thighs and glanced down at my feet.

Adrien peeked in my room cautiously. I waved at him nervously. "What is he doing here...?" I asked myself as he made his way in. "Hey, how's the suit coming along?" He asked brushing his fingers through his hair. "Oh uh..." I trailed off as I tried to gather my words. My heart was racing. After a few seconds, I shuffled around my desk for my sketchbook. "I do have some preliminary sketches, but nothing concrete..." I trailed off when I caught sight of him so close. He was leaning over my shoulder, looking at my sketchbook. I could feel his warm breath on my neck.

"May I?" He asked motioning to the chaise. I nodded, my face red. "I actually came here because I wanted to talk to you..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck. I felt my heart race when he patted the seat next to him. Hesitantly, I made my way over and sat beside him. "I wanted to apologize for this afternoon..." he began sheepishly. "No...no it's okay, I understand..." I said with a forced smile. "No Marinette, it's not..." he said sternly. His emerald eyes serious. "I'm sorry I hurt you..." I glanced down at my shoes. I felt a knot form in my throat, making it hard to swallow. "It's fine Adrien, really. I should be apologizing for making you uncomfortable--" Adrien cut my sentence short by placing his hand over mine.

"No, don't blame yourself Marinette. It's true that I have feelings for someone else..." he glanced down. "But things between us are pretty much set. She doesn't see me that way...." my heart cringed when I saw sadness flicker in his eyes. "Who could be dumb enough to turn down Adrien Agreste?" I thought to myself. "I'm still getting over her. That's the reason I said no, because it wouldn't be fair to you..." my cheeks turned pink when he said that. "Still, I really wanna get to know you better Marinette. I want you to feel comfortable around me. I want to be someone you can depend on. I'm sorry if that's all I have to offer for now..." he trailed off sadly. My heart raced as he squeezed my hand gently. "Just give me some time..." I nodded, my heart pounding.

"Whew, it felt good to get that off my chest!" he said exhaling loudly. "Is there anything you need from me in order to get the suit started?" He asked, stretching his arms."Oh y-yea! I need your measurements..." I walked over to the desk and took out my tape measure and note pad. I still had Cat's measurements written down. He nodded and stood up. "H-hold still..." I instructed as I walked towards him. "Ahh!!" I screamed unwillingly as I tripped over my own feet and fell forward. "A-are you okay?!" Adrien asked holding me firmly. He had caught me mid-fall.

My cheeks burned dark red as I gazed up at him, embarrassed. "Y-yea, s-sorry..." I trailed off as this strange, familiar feeling washed over me. His soft green eyes studied me curiously. "You have beautiful eyes..." he whispered, gazing intently at me. My face turned even darker. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud..." He said sheepishly, his face pink. My heart thumped uneasily when I realized he reminded me of someone. "Cat...?" his name ran through my head when I caught sight of something on his cheek. "Your face..." I said without thinking. He placed his hand over the band-aid. "Oh...uh...yea, things got a little rough during fencing class..." he said nervously. I wanted to pry, but instead I ignored my gut and measured what I needed for the suit. The last thing I had to measure was his chest. My hands trembled as I got really close to him.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, I finished writing down his numbers. I swallowed loudly when I finished. "Everything ok?" he asked me curiously. "Your measurements, they're the same as my sample model's..." Cat Noir's numbers were identical to Adrien's. "Y-yea that's weird he-he..." he said nervously. My heart raced uneasily. "It has to be a coincidence....right?" I thought to myself as he cleared his throat. "I got to go, I have a photo-shoot in a few..." he said as he began making his way towards my door. "See you tomorrow?" he asked with a smile. I nodded and waved as he disappeared down my trap door leaving me with my thoughts. "Adrien couldn't possibly be Cat Noir....could he?"