27. I love you (Marinette)

"Wow Marinette, that looks great!" Tikki mused as I lifted up the top half of my dress. I was almost finished with the embroidery.

(Tap! Tap!)

A light rapping on my trap door made me look up. "Hide Tikki!" I whispered as I put the dress down. She dashed into my closet. When she was out of sight, I walked up the stairs and opened the trap door. "Bonsoir Purrincess!" Cat chimed as he dropped into my room. "Evening Cat..." I trailed off as I made my way back to my desk.

"Wow, did you make that?" He asked when he laid eyes on the dress. "Yea, I'm going to wear it to the gala on Saturday. Adrien invited me, so I don't want to embarrass him..." Cat shook his head. "Only an idiot would feel embarassed by you..." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Silly Cat..." I said with a smile.

"You seem excited..." he mused as he sat on my chaise. I nodded. "Yea, all of France's best designers will be there." I said as I finished and turned off my machine. After I gathered my books, I made my way over and sat next to him. "Ready for my physics lesson Sensei" I joked as I opened my textbook. He chuckled as we began.

(A Few Hours Later)

"Whew!" I pretended to wipe sweat off my brow. "That was intense!" I said as I nudged him with my elbow. He nodded pensively. "You okay Cat?" I asked as I closed my book. "Marinette, about the other day..." he began. My face turned pink. I knew exactly what day he was refering to.

"Cat, I already told you. There's no need to apologize, it's okay..." he shook his head. "No, Princess. Don't de-value yourself. I acted like a fool and for that I apologize, but what happened between us..." he trailed off as he placed his hand gently over mine.

My heart fluttered nervously. "What if it wasn't a reaction to the flower...?" He asked as he leaned in a little more. My eyes opened wide. "W-what do you mean...?" I stuttered as he entangled his fingers with mine. "I love you...Marinette..." he whispered. My face turned a dark shade of crimson as he leaned in a little more.

"Cat...we shouldn't..." I glanced down at my shoes nervously. He lifted up my chin to meet his gaze. My stomach fluttered as our noses touched. Gently, he moved his claw to my cheek. "I can't help myself Purrincess..." he whispered, his eyes heavy. Time stopped as he leaned in all the way and pressed his lips against mine. My heart beat erratically as his sweet scent washed over me. His lips were warm and soft. They tasted sweet, like mint.

"Stop it Marinette!" I scolded myself. "You like Adrien!" Cat placed his other claw on my face as he deepened the kiss. "I'm sorry Adrien..." my mind raced as I let go and melted into the kiss. My body tingled and my heart threatened to burst out of my chest as I kissed him back.

(Beep, Beep)

The sound of his Miraculous made us pull away breathlessly. "How is this going to work...?" I asked in a daze as he rested his forehead against mine. I could feel my face tingle from all the blood that rested beneath my cheeks. He smiled softly as he caressed my cheek with his thumb. After a few seconds of silence, he pulled me into another kiss. This one was short, but sweet.

(Beep, Beep, Beep)

His Miraculous warned again. "We'll figure it out..." he whispered, pulling away gently. His face was flushed underneath the mask, and his lips were rosy from the kiss. My heart raced as he pressed his lips against my forehead. "I've gotta go..." he whispered as he let go of my face, and stood up.

A sudden feeling of loneliness overtook me, as I walked him to the stairs. After he opened the door, he extended his baton. "See you tomorrow Purrincess?" He asked hopefully. I nodded shyly. He flashed me a brilliant smile and blew me a kiss just before jumping out the door and into the night.

I walked over to my bathroom in a daze and stared at my reflection. My cheeks were flushed and my lips were plump from the kiss. I ran a finger over them as they tingled with the memory. "Marinette!" Tikki scolded as she floated out of her hiding place. "Why did you do that?! I thought you liked Adrien..." she asked as she hovered next to me. "Yea, I thought so too..."