Smell

Stiles walked into the house behind Derek his head hung in shame. He was sure the pack would hate him for the things he said and what he did to Derek.

"Stiles." Lydia huffed in relief wrapping him in a tight hug.

"You're okay!" Malia exclaimed pulling him in once Lydia had released him.

Stiles frowned. "Aren't you mad at me for those awful things I said?"

"Of course not, it was the spell." Lydia shook her head.

"But Derek..." Stiles trailed off as his eyes once again met the gashes decorating Derek's flesh.

"He's alive. Besides you couldn't help it." Issac shrugged.

"But you and Scott got hurt." Stiles frowned noticing the extremely slow healing wounds that covered his two friends.

"Eh, it was no different than dealing with Malia during her period." Scott joked.

"Hey." Malia growled at Scott.

"We're just glad you're okay." Gage said cupping Stiles' face in his hands.

Stiles' eyes met Gage's green ones. They were so similar to Derek's yet so different. While Gage's were a slightly darker shade in the middle Derek's were lighter. The gold specs that littered the iris in Derek's eyes were a caramel brown in Gage's.

Stiles dropped his eyes before Gage pulled him into his chest.

"I didn't mean anything I said." Stiles spoke burying his face into the comfort of Gage's shirt.

"We know." Gage said gently stroking Stiles' hair.

"Gage, I-" Stiles was cut off by Gage's lips.

Stiles pulled back stunned by the action.

"I knew I was right." Gage grinned at his brother. "You have feelings for him."

"What?" Derek scoffed completely thrown off by Gage's accusation.

"You reek of jealousy." Gage smiled pleased with himself.

Derek huffed. "We're not doing this again Gage." Derek turned to walk away.

Stiles' frown turned to a curious realization.

"Wait that smell, it's jealousy?" Stiles asked Gage.

"Yeah." Gage nodded.

Stiles turned and hurried after Derek.

He reached the wolf's closed door.

"Derek, it's me, can we talk?" Stiles knocked on Derek's door.

"Derek come on please? Open up." Stiles knocked again when he didn't answer.

"What?" Derek asked yanking the door open.

"The smell that you were giving off. I've smelt it on you before but I never knew what it was. Is it really jealousy?" Stiles asked.

Derek grit his teeth before answering.
"No, Gage is just trying to piss me off."

"So then what is that smell?" Stiles asked with a frown.

"Exhaustion." Derek lied.

Stiles nodded stepping back.

"Oh. Okay. Good I was worried I was upsetting you cause I was so close to another alpha. I know he's your brother but he's still an alpha and there is a thing about Alpha's being protective of betas and I'm your beta so-" Stiles cut himself off before cocking his head.

"You're giving off a new smell what is that?"

Derek shifted nervously. He wouldn't admit that Stiles calling himself Derek's beta was a turn on.

"Satisfaction." Derek lied again.
"You stating you're my beta gives my wolf satisfaction."

Stiles smiled seeming content with that answer. "Well I am. And I know you're my Alpha, not Gage so if I ever cross a line, tell me."

Derek swallowed hard at Stiles' words. 'You're my Alpha' a phrase Derek would love to hear Stiles' moaning beneath him.

Derek quickly dismissed the thought.

"Whoa that really satisfied the wolf." Stiles laughed obviously sensing Derek's arousal getting stronger.

"Go get some rest, Stiles." Derek shook his head before closing his door.

-

Derek laid in bed replaying Stiles' words in his head. 'I'm your beta. You're my alpha'. It was enough to drive Derek's wolf crazy with lust.

Derek let out a frustrated growl as a knock sounded at his door.

"What?" Derek snapped not bothering to move off his bed.

The door opened and in stepped Gage.

"What do you want?" Derek snapped again.

"You to tell Stiles how you feel." Gage answered crossing his arms over his chest.

"What is with you? Weren't you pursuing him?" Derek huffed in annoyance.

Gage shrugged. "I was until I realized you were pining for him."

"I'm not 'pining' for anyone." Derek rolled his eyes as he sat up.

"Derek, I've known you you're whole life. You love that guy. You don't have to admit it to me but stop lying to yourself. And if you paid attention you'd notice he feels the same way."

"That's absured. His scent is always the same unless he's scared or anxious or whatever." Derek disagreed.

"You've never smelt him when he's not around you." Gage winked. "I talked to scott, he hadnt noticed because his scent changed slowly over time around you. He is so used to so many smells he tunes out the ones he knows. Once I brought it to his attention he said it hit him like a brick wall."

Derek frowned as his brother smiles at him.

"Just something to think about." With that Gage walked out leaving Derek confused.

*AN*
So close! 😊