Chapter Two: Boys with Scars

Computer problems. 

That's my excuse. 

Anyway... 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two: 

Boys with Scars 

There is no way. It's strange, like looking in the mirror and seeing myself in guy form. 

He leaned into the microphone with his fingers tracing the guitar strings. “This lullaby is just for you, baby. I know of the pain you’ve been through. I’ll stay true. Don’t you know that I’ll always love you?” He smirked at the crowd or at me, I couldn’t tell.

“Can he see you?” I whispered to Drake as he looked at me and nodded. The song ended as the lead singer looked at me and it was just so strange. Maybe this is what it's like meeting a long lost family member. Oh I'm not the only one in this world! There's something like me! It's that got be the desperation and a part of me wanted to run up and talk to him like a little girl meeting santa clause for the first time and another part of me wanted to run because there's some part of me that's just screwed up and I didn't know how screwed up this guy was. 

“He’s looking at you like you were a piece of meat,” Drake noted as he glared at me. I was probably looking at him in the same way. I wondered how long he had sight. Had he been as scared as I was? Was it the same guy? Was he on the edge of insanity? The lead singer winked at me as he started another song.

His voice sounded smooth and cool, “I say goodbye to a love I once knew. With this breakthrough, I pray you are soon forgotten. But I know, but I know...that I never will.”

“Excuse me, miss?”

I looked over to see a waiter who smiled, showing more fangs. Gee, when did this place get taken over?

“Uhm yes, I’d like some French fries and a burger. Oh and how much-”The waiter jerked his head to the lead singer. “Ari’s paying.”

“Uhm, okay.” I agreed as Drake glared at him. I wanted to ask him so many questions. Maybe he would have the answers that I so desperately searched for.

He closed his eyes as if he could already see the long lost love. “Runaway, runaway, runaway...so far away from you. So ashamed, so ashamed that I need you. I won’t look back. I won’t look back. Even if I want to.”

“I don’t like this,” Drake muttered as he jumped off the table before letting his tiny body glow with a bright yellow light, making him transform into his human form. Instead of the usual armored cloths, he wore a tight black jacket and black jeans that I’m sure he saw in a human magazine. Some of the vampires looked over at Drake and sneered while he glared at them where I saw a thin silver thread wrap around Drake’s fingers as a warning. “Why are there so many of these mosquitoes?”

Drake was calling vampires mosquitoes now? I tried not to laugh at this. “I don’t remember there being so many last time I was here,” I admitted to Drake.

“Word goes around quickly,” Drake said, “they must know about you and what’s happened in our world.”

I sighed; oh, that’s right, the Human Prince crap that Drake and everyone else declared me to be even though I denied it. It was the whole Human Prince crap that got me in trouble with the Lunae Lux Court and thus the reason why Drake was sent to protect me.

“And why would Immortals care about the Human Prince?” I guess the correct term would be, why would they care about me?

“Oh, the usual, they might want to devour you, rip out your heart, or just cut off your head and use various body parts for spells,” Drake explained as he took a sip of my water, made a face, and then sighed.