tre | do you love me?

( forever one of my fav gifs of paulo )

PAULO AND NAOMI were at a fancy and expensive Italian restaurant with the boys, celebrating Paulo for his first hat-trick with Juventus but also a great win for the team.

Naomi looked at Paulo through the corner of her eyes, not thinking he would notice she was even looking at him- but he did.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Why do you love me, Paulo?" Naomi said back, softly.

To Paulo it came as a surprise that she would be asking that, it was just so sudden and out of nowhere. "Why do you ask?"

"Why do you love me?" Naomi asked once again. Or did you ever love me, she wanted to add. But she knew that she didn't want to have an argument with Paulo, not especially in front of his teammates.

"I have many reasons to love you, Naomi," he said simply. But why couldn't you tell me those reasons? What is it so hard to tell me?

Maybe because he didn't love me. But what made it so different from the lies he told me to the lies about loving me? Why has it become so hard for you to tell me?

Naomi wondered how and when everything had changed because it all made no sense. It was as if Paulo changed overnight, and day by day he was different, to the point where everything he did was almost normal to her.

Why did she let everything fall apart? Why did he let everything fall apart?

Naomi always wondered what she did or was doing wrong to make Paulo change so much. Was she not perfect for him as she used to be? Was she even beautiful to him anymore? And most importantly, she wondered why Paulo even bothered with her anymore, if he didn't love her why didn't he just say it to her face and leave her to be with someone better?

At one point in time, when Paulo was deeply in love with Naomi, he could easily tell her how much he loved her - without her even asking. Paulo could tell her he loved her and why as easy as he could count, as easy as he could lie to her now.

He had so many reasons to love me, he claimed he loved me but yet you couldn't tell me why you even loved me, probably because you didn't love me anymore, or you never did.

It didn't seem like much, but it meant so much to her. Back then everything was perfect, even to the smallest details. Paulo would show her affection, he would kiss her without needing a reason, or just maybe because he wanted too. He also didn't need a reason to tell her 'I love you.' Maybe that's why it hurt her so much because it was the small things he did for her that she loved and made her love him.

Her mouth felt dry, her head began to hurt making her almost feel dizzy. "Yeah, I do too," she muttered with a small, almost fake smile.

Paulo reached for her hand, and intertwined his hand with hers. He gave her a beautiful and charming smile, that at one point used to make her feel all weak and give her butterflies in her stomach, and that would also make her heart melt. But now it meant nothing to her.

Naomi felt pathetic that the guy who used to be crazily in love with her didn't care anymore, she felt undeserved and unwanted. So many thoughts ran through her mind, so many thoughts that were driving her crazy.

I need to know why you love me. Or do you even love me anymore?