nove | buenos aires

❝DO YOU MISS IT HERE?❞ Paulo asked

DO YOU MISS IT HERE?❞ Paulo asked. "Do you miss living here, and overall being in Argentina?"

Currently, Naomi and Paulo were sitting in a restaurant, where her parents would bring her and her sisters when she was younger. It had taken a lot of begging and convincing from Paulo to make Naomi return to the city she was born in, had grown up, and where her father and sisters, Teresa and Valentina still lived.

"I do. I really do miss it here, actually."

"Then why was it so hard for you to come back here?" Paulo questioned, genuinely being curious.

Naomi shrugged, "I don't know. I guess it had been a while since I was down here in Argentina. The only reason why I felt like couldn't come back was because, I would want to see my father again, and my sisters. I hadn't been here in a while, and living in Italy- I didn't feel like I needed to return anymore."

She had grown used to living in the beautiful country of Italy, and living in Milan with her mother and sister. She had met Paulo because, they had bumped into each other outside the the San Siro Stadium in 2012. At the time since Paulo played for Palermo, and was only nineteen. Three years later, and after a year of them dating they moved to Turin, where Paulo would be signing for Juventus. Being with Paulo, she didn't feel like she needed to ever return to Argentina.

"Nao, you know he didn't do anything wrong."

"I know he didn't. But it's just so hard for me to be able to accept the fact that he has a different family now. That he found another woman to replace my mother, like she never mattered to him."

Paulo shook his head, "But she did matter to him, she still does. Just because they aren't together, it doesn't mean he doesn't care for her, Nao," he reasoned.

At first Paulo's intentions for being in Buenos Aires weren't necessary for Naomi to see her father and sisters, but he realized that by the end of this trip; things should be a bit better for her relationship with her father.

"I guess," she mumbled looking down at the untouched plate of food.

Minutes later of silence, a somewhat awkward silence, Paulo spoke up, "Have you thought about visiting them? Trying to fix things between your dad?"

Naomi nodded, feeling her eyes began to water. She missed how their family was before her parents divorced. Her family was perfect, she would do anything to go back to that. She missed her father, and how she had always been the closest to him. Naomi always made him proud- in fact all of his children did. But Naomi and him had a special bond, that no one could ever replace, but a bond that also didn't even exist anymore.

Paulo slid his hand across the table to reach her small one, he intertwined their hands, making her look at him with a small smile. "Baby, I'm not telling you that you have to see your dad. But if you want to fix things once and for all, I guess we can go and see them so you can talk to him."

She nodded, "I just wished everything was the same. I don't even think he wants to see me. He's happy with his new family, I don't matter to him anymore."

Paulo caressed her small hand and placed a few kisses on her knuckles. "Don't say that, Naomi. Your father loves you, no matter what."

"Let's just enjoy it here, then we can figure out if you want to see your dad," Paulo added.

"Thank you Paulo."

-

The rest of the day was spent with Paulo's mother, Alicia. As they had explored the beautiful city and spent their day visiting places they had always wanted to see. Alicia and Paulo's brothers had also joined Naomi and Paulo on their little trip to Buenos Aires.

The night had fallen, and Naomi and Paulo were back in there hotel room lying down, as they watched highlights of random matches on the television.

Naomi closed her eyes, her head against his chest easily being able to listen to his breathing and heartbeat. She could also hear the cooling wind coming from the window and the sounds of cars and chatter of the people of the city. Even at night, Buenos Aires was always full of life.

She looked up at his face for a few seconds only to see him smiling down at her, Natalia gave him a lazy smile back and went back to listening to his heartbeat. No matter what he did, no matter how much he might hurt her, and how he might not necessarily treat her the best at times, at the end she's always okay.

Naomi could care less if they weren't together or not, the fact that he was happy and playing football kept a smile on her face. That he's fine, that he's alive and breathing and doing what he loves the most; which is playing football.

It always came to times where she questioned whether what they had was real or just some sort of infatuation between them. She choose to believe it was real.

"Paulo?" She asked softly, not knowing if he was awake or not so she wouldn't want to be loud and wake him up.

"Yes?"

Naomi sighed. "I thought about what you were saying today," she started. "About what happened between my parents and my family, and I want to see my father again. Just to make things okay because, I hate the fact that I've ignored him for so long for some stupid and childish reason."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel like you're pressured into having to talk to your father and make things right," Paulo asked. He wanted her to feel comfortable, not feel pressured to need to talk to her father again.

"Yes."

so i finally updated after a white because why not? (i'm still on hiatus lol.) ily guys!