ventiquattro | guilt

ALL THE PREPARATIONS FOR the World Cup were almost over, which meant that in a short amount of time; the matches would finally commence- the that practically had the entire world anxiously waiting for

Naomi remembered how much joy the last World Cup in Brazil had brought her- and the entire world. And also the heartbreak the final match had also left them with. The Argentine national team had an amazing World Cup and had even made it to the final. Unfortunately, the final ended up breaking the hearts of millions who supported Argentina. She could remember how her heart dropped as she saw players from her national team walk past the cup- that Germany had won. She had hoped this World Cup wouldn't leave such a bitter taste at the end and hoped for the best.

Naomi had flown back to the city where she was born- Buenos Aires- shortly after a few days, Paulo had left for Russia. In hopes that her father was healthy and well enough to fly with her to Russia; for the World Cup and unfortunately he couldn't.

She was devastated but her father had reassured her it would be fine and that there was always a next time. Her entire family was meant to attend the matches, but most of them weren't able to. Only her mother and Giovanna would accompany her. In fact, she would only be in Argentina for a few more days before she headed back to Italy and then fly to Russia.

Valentina had a small frown on her lips, "I'm sorry, I really wish I could've gone with you, but I'm very busy with school and not attending school for a while isn't the best idea," she sighed. "I would've loved to have gone to a World Cup match with you, Naomi."

"Don't worry about it, it isn't your fault," Naomi mumbled, feeling upset that neither her father or Valentina would be able to attend any of the matches.

"At least mama and Gio will be able to join you," she added with a warm smile. Surprisingly, their mother- who had claimed to not like football- had agreed to go to the matches in Russia. "I miss them a lot, and I'm shocked you got our mother to willingly go to a football match."

Naomi laughed, "She said she wouldn't miss up an opportunity to go on a trip to Russia, and they miss you a lot. Why don't you come to Italy? Well, whenever you get the chance to."

"I'd definitely love to. Hopefully, I will very soon. It's just that I've just been so busy with work and school and practically everything else," she sighed. Teresa had always found time for everything, for her friends and family. But lately, she was feeling overwhelmed by school- her grades were great but along with it came loads of stress, and she had even considered quitting her job but she needed the money to pay for her tuition so she had to work twice as hard. "But I'm so thankful because this is my last year."

Naomi nodded, "I understand, just know whenever you get the chance to, you're always welcome to Paulo and I's home. But I'm so proud of you, Valentina, you've worked so hard to get to this point." Naomi was proud of her older sister- she felt joy thinking back to when they were younger, and how they would always talk about what they wanted to be when they were older. In a few months, Valentina would reach her goal. As for Naomi, she knew she wanted to go back to school, but she didn't necessarily know what she wanted as a career.