diciassette | realization

( three years ago )

( three years ago )

PAULO KNOCKED ON HER APARTMENT door, feeling extremely nervous at the fact that he would be going on a date with the most girl- who he thought was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. It was almost like a love at first sight thing; ever since he had met her outside the San Siro, he had always felt something for her. He always felt feelings for her, even during the time he was with his girlfriend, Antonella. Paulo knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help but feel jealous whenever he would see Naomi with someone else.

The constant texting between the two, and hanging out every once in a while had ended up Paulo getting a date with the Argentine-Italian, now eighteen year old Naomi DiRossi. Paulo was more confident and flirty when it came to messaging each other, but when they were together in person he became a stuttering mess at times.

Over the few years that they had known one another, they had grown close to one another. He knew that she probably only saw him as a friend, but Paulo couldn't ignore the feelings he felt for her anymore, the feelings he had for her that he had ignored for two years now. Paulo wasn't what you called 'a ladies man' during his teenage years, but that didn't mean he didn't attract many, many beautiful girls. He never felt nervous around a girl, neither had they ever had so much control over him- but it was as if that didn't apply to Naomi DiRossi.

The door was opened a few seconds after Paulo had knocked, he had felt like those seconds waiting for someone to answer had felt like years. But as soon as he saw the beautiful eighteen year old girl he was so in love with, standing there with a beautiful smile on her face, he felt relieved.

He truly didn't understand why he felt so nervous, he usually didn't feel this way when he was with Naomi. But maybe the only reason he was feeling so nervous was because, if everything went wrong, then their friendship wouldn't be the same.

"Hi," she said softly. Paulo mumbled back a 'hello' but that was all, he was too busy admiring Naomi's beauty. She wore a mid-thigh, champagne-colored dress that complimented her body and curves.

He thought she looked more than beautiful, and looking 'gorgeous' or 'stunning' wasn't enough to describe how she looked. "Should we go now?" she smiled, trying to get Paulo to snap out of whatever he was in.

Paulo nodded, "Yes! Yes, we should go now," Paulo had only spoken a few words and he already felt embarrassed that he was acting like a fool in front of her.

Naomi smiled, finding what he was doing and how nervous he seemed, adorable.

"These are for you," he smiled shyly as he handed her beautiful white roses.