Chapter 13

I received a text from Arnesto an hour ago saying I should dress warm for our date.

I'm kinda nervous now as I wait for him by the door. Did I dress too warm, or not enough? Do I still look cute? Where are we going? Is he here yet?

Questions were racing through my mind as he pulled into my driveway. From the looks of what he was wearing, I was dressed perfectly for a winter date in Cleveland.

"Where are we going?" I asked when we got in the car.

"You'll just have to wait and see," he replied as he turned on the radio station. The country station had kinda become the norm between us.

"You know we still don't have a song" I pointed out while staring out the window.

"You want one? What should it be?"

"It's not that simple. It's gotta be special and happen naturally, like an act of fate," I explain to him. Boys. So naive. Don't they know anything about romance?

"Ok then" he says. " How do we get one of the songs?"

I sit and wait a little,thinking. "How about the next song that comes on will be our song?"

Okay so we wait patiently for the current song to be over. We listen to the spokesperson make his annoucements before it comes on. And then....a commercial break.

We sit in the car impatiently waiting for the next song. Finally they start the next song.

It ends up being "save a horse, ride a cowboy". We both laughed none stop.

"Ok. Don't get me wrong, I love this song, but I think we need something more romantic" I say.

"What you don't think having sex with a cowboy is romantic?" Sounding a little sad.

"Well. You're not a cowboy, so no" I said. " How about the next one?"

He agrees with me and we wait for the song to be over. The next song ended up being "wanted" by Hunter Hayes.

"This is perfect!" I tell Arnesto.

"You're right, like always sweetie. I love it and can't wait to listen to our song over and over." He said putting his hand on my shoulder

We sing along to our song until we pull up to an ice rink. It's about 6 o'clock and the place is quiet.

"Ice skating? That sounds great baby" I lean over and kiss his cheek. "Do you even no how?"

"No. But I'll learn. Anything to spend time with you" he says with a smile. "Besides, you'll probably get a good laugh out of seeing me land on my butt."

I laugh as we get out of the car. We rent a couple of pairs of skates and get on the rink. There's music playing and more people have seemed to show up.

Arnesto only fell twice as he got used to the ice. "Not bad for a guy whose never seen ice before." We laugh and I playfully nudge his arm.

We skated around the rink for about an hour, holding hands all the while.

We decide to get some hot chocolate before the ci session stand closes. It's warmth is absolutely delicious.

After we drank out cups, we sat and chatted for awhile. We were ready to call it a night, but the dj said there was one more song. It ended up being our song so I dragged his sore butt back onto the ice.

Once it was over, we returned our skates. We left the building and I started heading towards his car, but be stops me.

"What are you doing?" I ask him

"You didn't think that was all I had planned for tonight, did you?" he says with a raised eyebrow. " Now close your eyes.".

I did as I was told as he pulled me along the sidewalk for what seemed like forever. When he finally told me to open them, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Right there in front of us was a horse drawn carriage.

"Omg! is that for us?" I ask Arnesto.

"Only the best for my angel" he says kissing my cheek.

The driver helps me up onto the carriage. Once we got inside, we were off. Over the two white horses, I could see all the lights of cleveland and the lake. It looked amazing.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was".

" Neither did i," Arnesto answered. "But I'm glad I discovering it with you."

We hold hands and I rest my head on his shoulder for most of the ride. We're snuggled up together underneath the blanket in carriage.

After about a half hour, we started to go down a side-street. It was lined with trees, but we could still see all the lights. It was absolutely beautiful.

There was once with what seemed to be a winter castle on the front yard. The driver stopped us in front of that one.

"Why are we stopping?" I ask. The driver ignores me.

Arnesto nudges me, and I look up above us. Hanging from a tree branch was a bunch of mistletoe.

He looks to me and says "Merry Christmas sweetheart,I love you.". He puts his hand on the back of my head and leans in. I close my eyes as his lips brush against mine.

When we break away I begin to smile. I look into his eyes. " I love you too.". As I say this, I notice snow as started falling around us. I smile even more as the carriage moves again. I couldn't have imagined a more magical first kiss.

We cuddled for the remainder of the ride. I've never been so happy in my whole life.