Chapter 22

Om raises his hand and slaps himself.

G: Omkaraji... what are you doing? Please do not do this.

O: Gauri, answer my question. Last name?

G: I cannot say it. Please stop.

O: Gauri... now!

G: Sh... Sarma

Om raises the ruler but he does not feel the pain. He looks down and Gauri has placed her hand on top of his. Om looks at her in anger. He gets up and raises his hand in the air so Gauri cannot reach him.

O: Gauri, again. I do not care if I am bleeding but I will let no one make fun of you.

Gauri looks at him and confidentially stands up tall.

G: My name is Gauri Kumari Sharma.

Om closes his eyes and slaps himself again. Gauri looks at him in confusion.

G: Omkaraji, my name is Gauri Kumari Sharma.

Om raises the ruler again but then eyes pop open.

O: You said it.... You said it... Sharma.

G: Sharma... shhh. I can make the shhh sound. What other English words start with shhh?

O: sh...

G: Shut up. Shut up! I can say Shut up properly. Now when I see sultana I can tell her to shut up.

Om starts to laugh.

O: Gauri it is Svetlana... actually do not waste your time trying to learn her name. Sultana is even better as that annoys her a lot.

Gauri and Om together laugh and Sandi looks at them.

D: What a crazy couple. All other couples in the Oberoi family like this.

Om brings his hand and Gauri can see his hand purple.

O: I am going to send a letter to the Education department. They need to implement this technique so the kids can learn without getting abused.

G: But the students do not care about their teacher though. They will actually start laughing as soon as the teacher hits themself and make it into a big joke. I am going to get some medicine.

Gauri runs off.

O: The students... do not care... about their teacher. (He remember Gauri's crying as he spanked himself.) She cares about me. (Smiling)

Gauri runs back and opens the ointment.

G: Please do not hurt yourself like this.

O: I only did it once but Gauri you have been doing it ever since you met me. You dragged me to the mosque to save my life. You went through so much emotional pain as Chulbul when you found out I was your boss. You went back to Kali to save my life. You burned yourself so I can get up from coma. You climbed a wall to prevent me from drinking that concotion. You saved me life from Bua Ma. You not only saved my honor but my family's honor getting the murthi back. When you did all this, I can withstand a little bit of pain so you can learn to pronounce Sharma properly.

G: Sharma....

Om takes the ointment and puts it on Gauri's hand.

O: I am sorry, Gauri. Please forgive me.

G: I am not forgiving you.

O: why?

G: According to the friendship code, there is no sorry, thank you and forgiveness and I cannot break that code.

Om looks at her and he starts to laugh. Gauri joins him.