Chapter 32

D: If Gauri is in front of me in her room, how can she be with you?

O: Dandi, I lost her but how did she get home? Why did not she call me?

D: Did you hurt her again?

O: No, I did not. I did not say anything to her.

D:Stop lying, Om. I trusted you so much that you will change her but I saw how heartbroken she was when she came. You said something. Do not even come by here.

O: I'm telling you the truth. Why would I hurt her?

D: Om... I do not know what to say. Just tell me what happened. I'm scared that she is going to be depressed.

O: Depressed?? But what did I do? So this is what happened. We had dinner together and I showed her the proper etiquette. And then....

D: And then what?? Om... tell me...

O:Natasha came.

D: Natasha? Who is that?

O: My college friend... I knew her for a long time and we kept on talking. Then, Gauri said that she had to go to the washroom and after that she disappeared.

D:Oh... I see... how close are you with this girl, Natasha?

O:Close... we are just friends. That's it... Wait do you think that Gauri is jealous? But... I do not even like Natasha...

D: Jealous?? Om seriously? How well do you know her? Gauri is someone who never forces her feelings on someone. The moment she realized that you do... not love her... She forgot about herself and only cared about your happiness.

O:My happiness... Tell me clearly...

D:She wanted to find someone... another girl who she believed was the ideal girl for you.

O: The ideal girl? But, I found....

D: Om, I do not know what you are implying but let me finish. The moment she saw your interaction with Natasha and how well Natasha knew you, she decided that Natasha is that girl. She made a promise to me...

O:What promise? DANDI tell me now...

D: That... that she will leave you and this city so you can forgot all the bad memories of her and live happily with that girl.

O:Gauri, how can She?

D:Om, you do not understand her emotional turmoil. She started to pack her bags.

O:Whatever you do, she will not leave that house until I come there. Do you understand?

Om cuts the phone and runs to the car.

O(thinking): What is this girl even thinking?