Chapter 30

Om gets up from his table and stands behind Gauri. Gauri uncomfortably gets up but Om places his hands on her shoulders.

O: Sit down, Gauri and pay attention.

Gauri slowly sits down and looks down at her plate.

Om then places his hands on hers and shows her how to hold it properly. Then he cuts the chicken into bit size pieces and puts it in her mouth. With food in her mouth, Gauri looks at Om as he looks at her.

O: Gauri, I am sorry. I put you in an uncomfortable situation.

G: Omkaraji, I do not care at all. I was not affected by our close proximity as you were just showing me how to use it.

G(thinking): Why am I lying like this? It is killing my heart but this is the only way to separate from him.

O(thinking): Gauri is not affected by me.... does that means she does not love me anymore? Isn't that good for me... I do not love her...

Girl: Hi, Omkara.

Om and Gauri looks up and they see a girl in a dress with her friends.

Girl(Gi): I will catch up with you later.

The girl heads towards Om and Gauri. Gauri looks at Om with a confused look and Om walks towards her with a smile.

G(thinking): So Om knows her...

The girl hugs Om and Gauri looks at them in shock.

G(thinking): They are close enough to hug... hmm....

Gi: Om, it looks like you were romancing with your wife. I am so sorry but can you introduce me to your wife?

Om looks at Gauri and Gauri back at him.

O(thinking): I have not accepted this marriage and Gauri just left me so how can I openly call her my wife?

O: She is....

G: Sorry, but I think there is an misunderstanding. (Gauri looks at Om.) I am his... friend... just his close friend. That is it.

Gi: Oh my god. I am so sorry. I am Natasha by the way.

G: Gauri Kumari Sharma.

Gauri leans forward and offers a handshake. Om smiles at Gauri.

O(thinking): She is learning fast. She said her name properly and the handshake.

Natasha sits with Om and Gauri.

N: So, it has been a long time since I have seen you. God, school was great.

Om and Natasha continues to talk and Gauri just sits there staring at them.

G: Excuse me... But I need to use the restroom.

Gauri gets up and goes to the restroom.