Chapter 27

The door opens again and Om was sitting on the sofa. As soon as he saw her, he quickly sprung up from his seat.

Gauri was wearing the same green gown with same accessories but instead of her hair out it was put in a bun.

O(thinking): That model should fly to India and meet Gauri just for her styling techniques. Simple yet beautiful.  I would pay for all her tickets and stay too.

G: Omkaraji??

G: Omkaraji?

G: OMKARAJI!

Om snaps out of it and Dandi comes running out.

G: How do I look? I look really bad right.

D: You look really nice

O: Yh Gauri. You look beautiful.

G: Thanku Omkaraji?

O: Thank you not thanku

G: Thanku right?

O: Where is that ruler?

G:I will say it properly. Thank...you. Thank you.

O:Gauri we are already late. Let's go.

Gauri goes to the entrance and takes her shoe off the rack.

O: If you wear that shoe, I will go to the Oberon Mansion, take Annila bhabhi's.... what her shoe's name again... chandni...chameli I do not know and slap myself with it. I will give it to you and you can slap me. I have bought an expensive dress for you and you wear that?

Gauri and Dandi laugh.

O: What is so funny?

D: Nah... I am just imagining the sight of  you hitting yourself with the slipper

G: Imagine this... Omkaraji slapping himself with the slipper and Annika di running after him screaming to give the  slipper back. No one messes with her slippers.

Gauri, Om and Dandi look at each other silently as they can see Om's face getting red.

G,D(thinking): Oh god we are in trouble.

All of sudden, Om starts to laugh.

O: That would be funny.

Gauri and Dandi joins.

G: Jokes apart, I do not have proper shoes so what do I do now?

O: Who said that?

He takes a box out of a bag.

G: Another gift?? Why are you wasting money?

O: Again,I am not wasting. I am spending it on you. What am I going to do with all this money? I either spend it on myself or people that I care about

Male Saathiya plays.

Om opens the box and it was pair of glass slippers with heels.

G: It looks like the slippers in that story... what is it called?

O: Cinderella

G: She is my favourite one. I always wanted to be like her but (looking at om) life has taught me that reality is different from dreams.