Chapter 36

O(thinking): Why did not Gauri scream back? What if she left the park? She would never do that. I just openly challenged and Gauri would never back away from a challenge. She is here but she is not answering so it would be harder to find her. Mrs. Omkara, I am going to find you... Mrs. Omkara... Mrs. Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi... I like how that sounds

Om continues to walk.

O:When did I started to call her that? Why do I feel different when I call her Mrs. Omkara? Like a warm fuzzy feeling? As if she belongs to me and only me. Am I?  Now where is this chirayye?

Gauri immediately hits behind a tree.

G(thinking): The kids just saw me hide behind the tree. What if they tell Omkaraji?

Gauri slowly peeks and sees the kids surrounding Om. She then quickly runs and sits behind the bench.

G (Thinking): They will never find me here. I have to stop dreaming a life with Omkaraji. Why did I call myself Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi. Just because we are technically married, it does not mean we act like a true husband and wife. Even now he has not accepted so why am I wasting my time dreaming?

G(whispers): He will never find me. Only true soul mates find each other like that just like Shivika Their heart to heart connection will help them find each other. How can I compare this sad relationship to theirs? We are just friends so Omkaraji, you have lost.

Gauri turns around and screams. She falls back.

O: Gauri, be careful. Now can you take this blindfold and accept your defeat?

G: Omkaraji! How? When? How did you  find me? How long have you been here for? You cheated right.

Kids: Nope. He was here for a good 5 minutes and you were just thinking about something. He did not even take off his blindfold.

Gauri gets up and takes off the blindfold. She also takes off the band and opens his hair.

O:What was that for?

G: You look innocent with your open hair. Every single time, I see you in a ponytail it reminds me of...

O: Of what?? Gauri?? (Thinking) Could it be the times I hurt her. But that wasn't the true me.

G: Bye kids.

Gauri leaves.

O:We will be back later to play. Bye!

Om runs behind Gauri and joins her. Both of them quietly walk together without saying anything.

G(thinking): Did he hear what I said about the soul mates? He is going to mistaken me again and start hating me. Or he is going to take it the wrong way. Shankerji, I promised that I will never force myself on him and until he says that he loves me, I will never in my life tell him that I love him.

O(thinking): What does Gauri mean that only soul mates have that heart to heart connection just like Shivika?. How did I know that she was behind that bench? Those kids did not even tell me and I could not even see. Is she who I think she is? My soulmate?? I have always told Shivaye that you will find one girl that will change you as a human being. For him, it was Annika and what if it was Gauri for me?