chapter two

"Okay first of all Richie, you didn't get a hot girl to hangout with us

"Okay first of all Richie, you didn't get a hot girl to hangout with us. I did." Eddie argued, crossing his arms over his chest. Richie turned to him, blinking twice.

"You really think that Alice Bell would hangout with you? You wear a fanny pack." 

"Actually, I wear two. And so? I offered for her to come hangout because none of you guys would do it." Eddie argued back.

"Exactly! So why would she want to hangout with you?" Richie asked.

"Guys s-stop arguing," Bill said, finally annoyed by their bickering. "Maybe s-she's hanging out with us b-because she actually w-wants to." He added, rubbing his hands together slightly.

"Ugh, fuck this," Richie said, annoyed. "Let's just go okay? I don't want to stay here any longer and have a chance Henry comes back and sees us." 

The boys all agreed, getting to their bikes and riding away from the school, to wherever they felt like hanging out for the day.

Nobody would admit it, but they were all excited to be hanging out with Alice the next day. Richie thought she was extremely hot, and always made comments at her. He loved how she laughed at every single one of his jokes, never getting offended by them. 

Eddie loved the fact that she wasn't afraid of anything, from what it seemed. She was always raising her hand, answering questions. She was always the first to present her projects in class. She wasn't even afraid of Henry Bowers, who mostly everyone was afraid of. Even some adults.

Stanley loved how lighthearted she was. She was kind, and loved everything. He'd always seen Alice stopping to pet every animal she saw, she even saved a hurt puppy along the street one time. When someone's sibling or child goes missing, she bakes them cookies, knowing it won't help much but she wanted them to know she was there for them, whether she could help or not.

And Bill. Bill loved everything that the other boys loved, but he loved more than those. Just thinking about the small girl put a funny feeling in his stomach. He didn't know what it was, but he loved it. He wanted to keep feeling that feeling. He remembered the first time they'd talked; it was a couple days after Georgie disappeared. Everyone stared at him as he walked through the halls at school, and he hated it. Alice noticed him and walked up, wrapping her small arms around him to give him the biggest and best hug he'd ever received- besides from Georgie of course. They'd hugged for the majority of passing period, and that had made him feel just a little bit better for the rest of the day.

****

Alice woke up around eleven the next day, seeing she had about an hour before she had to meet the four boys at the ice cream shop. She got dressed, putting on some overall shorts and a white t-shirt on under them. She put on some black shoes on and brushed through her hair, putting it into a ponytail for the day. She didn't normally do her makeup, but put on some chapstick before telling her mom she was hanging out with friends.