77

as soon as i heard those words, i immediately hanged up and ran out of my house, sprinting towards the hwayangyeonhwa hospital.

august is already awake. august is already awake. august is already awake.

i repeated those thoughts in my head whilst i was running and got inside the hospital.

knowing august's room number was, i immediately ran towards there and stopped infront of the door.

inhale, exhale. everything is going to be alright. august is awake.

i took in a deep breath as i thought of positive thoughts, and then turned the handle, opening the door.

and there he was. sitting on the bed, his arms on his lap; while clare was also sitting on his bed, feeding him soup.

"nicole?" clare asked as she turned around to face me. "there you are!" she happily said and rushed to my position to hug me.

"i'm so happy to see you! i missed you!" she said enthusiastically and smiled.

uhm, okay? aren't we supposed to be enemies? why is she being friendly all of a sudden?

i just smiled at her and looked at august, who was also looking at both of us; a blank expression painted on his face.

"august..." i said and smiled, slowly approaching him.

this was it. this was the time. this was the moment.

i get to see the love of my life again.

he was there, sitting on the bed. an innocent look playing on his face.

oh, how i missed him.

once i got to sit on his bed beside him, i held his hand and smiled. "how are you feeling?" i asked.

he raised his eyebrows in confusion and had his mouth shaped like an 'o'.  "i'm fine? thank you."

"good! you know, i missed you." i said and hugged him, but i was immediately pushed away by him.

a disgusted expression was plastered on his face and he eyed me like i was some sort of ex-friend that used him for money.

"a-august?"

"who are you?"