87

"clare! don't do it!" taevi begged as clare leaned in closer to cielo, the knife tightly gripped in her hand.

cielo was shiveringㅡfrom the cold, in anger, and in fear. she doesn't know what to do. she doesn't know what to say.

should she beg for clare's forgiveness? should she sacrifice august in order for her to live? should she sacrifice her life to let august and taevi live?

"i-i'm sorry..." were the only words that came out of cielo's mouth.

"tch. sorry? you think i'm going to accept that?" clare asked in disbelief and held cielo's chin harshly which made august yell at her. "don't touch her!" he yelled at clare but the maiden didn't listen to him but instead moved her face closer to hers.

"the only thing that i'm going to accept is your death, mademoiselle." clare devilishly smirked and drew the knife closer to cielo's leg.

"cielo!" both august and taevi yelled but they soon screamed in agony as the two men beside them hit their backs.

clare was near to stabbing cielo's hip when august spoke. "c-clare," he called out. "please...let cielo go. i'm all yours. take me, make me your boyfriend again. i'm willing to be one. just...don't hurt cielo." he begged and looked at cielo who was very frightened and scared.

and although it was painful, august had to bear with it because he really wanted to keep the love of his life safe.

august had already developed feelings for cielo andit wasn't like anymoreㅡhe called it love.

he could already see colors forming everywhere, as if cielo had painted them all just for him. august felt happy and comfortable around her and he knew that she felt the same.

august swallowed the big lump in his throat while clare eyed him furiously from head to toe, her eyebrows raised.

it took a few minutes before any of them could respond and then clare spoke up. "no. i won't let a nuisance go near you, my dear august." clare said sweetly and raised her hand holding the knife, aiming for cielo's chest when she was suddenly put to a halt when she felt something hit her back.

clare stood there, dumbfounded and brought a hand to her upper back, and suddenly retrieved it as she saw a dark, gooey, red substance in her hands that made her kneel down infront of cielo.

cielo, too, was also dumbfounded at what she had just witnessed. she had no clue on what had exactly happened when she heard sirens and people dressed in a navy blue clothing entered the abandoned basement.

the group whom was with clare that was dressed in black were already struggling in the police officers' hands whilst they were being handcuffed and put into the police mobiles.

cielo took a glance at clare whose back was already covered in blood and the dark, red substance gushing out of her mouth.

she was...dead on the spot. lifeless. and i feel guilty... cielo thought while looking at the lifeless body of clare.

cielo's train of thought was suddenly cut off when someone shouted her name and quickly approached her. "cielo!" and she smiled just because of hearing their voices.

august and taevi.

"cielo," both of them rushed to her and removed the crappy, dirty ropes that kept her tied to the chair as they knelt down beside her.

"are you okay, baby?" taevi asked and cupped her face, looking her in the eye as she nodded her head and looked down at her shoes.

"what the fuck? 'baby'? bro, i'm supposed to be the leading man here." august interrupted and pushed taevi away, slightly.

"uhm..i don't know what endearment to use, but..are you okay, mademoiselle? does something hurt?" august asked, nearly cringing on the words he had just let out.

cielo just nodded and smiled. "i'm fine, thank you."

"thank god." august heaved a sigh and brought up his arms to cielo, giving her a hug.

"you're safe now, cielo."