71

after hearing what clare had said, i immediately put the phone down, leaving her hanging as i pulled my trench coat and slipped it into me.

i did not bother to apply some makeup and look the best as i can because my face was really covered in tears because of what i just heard.

i parked a taxi infront of my house and stated the address of the hospital to the driver in which he responded very quickly and i was there in just a few minutes.

once i entered, i quickly went to the nurse's station and asked for august's room number which is  room 106.

i raced going there, and panted as i controlled tears while i was standing infront of the door.

august, i hope you don't have many injuries. i hope you are in a stable condition.

i thought in my head but sadly, it mafe me cry even more as i thought of his condition. i quickly wiped away the unstoppable tears that were still flowing when the door opened in a swift motion and i jumped in shock.

"the fuㅡcielo?" clare asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

"yeah." i simply answered and gave her a small smile in which she returned with a hug.

i instantly felt my shoulder being wet and damp and that was when i realized that she was crying. and it made me cry too because i imagined what might had happened to august.

as if it was an option that operated in a machine, my hand automatically went up to her nape and rubbed small circles in it as she let out small cries. i could feel her agony and sorrow.

a few minutes passed when she pulled away and tugged at my sleeve. "come inside." she said and led me inside in which i saw august with a white cloth wrapped around his head, and machines that were keeping him alive surrounding him.

i bit my lip to prevent the tears from falling but i can't. it all suddenly fell and i brought my hand to my mouth, to stifle the loud cries that i have been saving all this time.

i gathered all my self-confidence and had the courage to go near to him as i sat on his soft, comfy bed. "august..." i called him, placing his veiny arms on my lap, massaging it.

"august, let's go home. this is all just a nightmare. this is not real. you are okay. nothing bad happened to you." i said, tears still streaming down my face.

"august..." i cried out, but he didn't hear me. "please wake up." i said and shook his body slightly.

"please wake up. i need you." i said to him and shot a death glare at clare's direction because she was already dancing to the chorus of I Need U by BTS.

"oh, sorry." she politely said and went out of the room, continuing her dance there along with some nurses.

i simply rolled my eyes at her and looked at august again as i leaned in to give him a kiss on the forehead. "i miss you," i said and smiled at him.

"i miss those times wherein i will always chat you and offer you french toast at the café. you always push me away but i know that you like the taste of the french toast. i am indeed a good chef, aye?" i asked him and chuckled at my own narration.

"don't you worry, mr. august. when you get back, i will make you a lot of french toasts or dishes that you like." i offered.

"and oh, you know what? ah, this sound so cheesy but whenever i see you, i feel like there are different kinds of species lingering in my stomach, not just butterfliesㅡoh wait, do butterflies feel humans in their stomach whenever they are feeling giddy?" i asked even though i know there will be no response.

"this is super cliché but you make me go crazy, to be honest. i just..i don't know? maybe i don't like you anymore."

"maybe i'm inlove with you." i said without noticing what words have just come out of my mouth. i covered it immediately, almost regretting whst i have just said.

a few minutes have passed and there was still no response. maybe he didn't hear...?

i brushed it all off, trying to hide my embarrasment. "a-anyways, just...fight and stay alive, okay? because...i don't know what else to do without you. i have no friends, no family, nothing. all i have is you, august. please don't leave me. i love you." i said and sniffed.

and all of a sudden; when i observed his face very closely, i saw a tear drop from his right eye that landed on to his pillow.

"a-august?" i called out, hoping thst he would be awake but there was still no response. he was still deep asleep.

i lost the hope that i had earlier and just gave him a peck on the cheek. "don't cry; instead, be strong and fight. i love you, august. see you soon." i said to him and cupped his cheek before i left the room.