Chapter 10

"What was it you saw this time?" Demetria asked curiously.
" Vaughn" she said sorrowfully.
"What?"
"Vaughn had a very bad accident...He died, Demetria" Roenna said, tears welling up in her eyes.
"Calm down"
"Calm down?! Demetria, not only my mum but I'm gonna kill someone else's son?!" Roenna replied, her voice shaking.
"He's not gonna die if you can do something about it!"
Roenna buried her head in her pillow as she the tears began to flow.
"Ro ....Nothing is going to happen to him.. I can assure you...just tell him..." Demetria said.

She raised her head.
"Oh great idea...I'll just walk up to him and say 'Hey Vaughn, I had a vision of you, You died!"
"No! Just tell him to be careful...that...that..you had a bad dream or something... yeah! A bad dream..."
Roenna rose from her bed and moved towards the window. She opened the blinds taking in the view the big field below.

"Something's not right...I feel like everything's closing in on me.... I don't know what's wrong with me.... I can't kill another person Demetria....I can't kill Vaughn" she said solemnly before turning back to face Demetria.

"Uurggh...you stubborn thing! You didn't kill your mum. It was gonna happen if it wasn't prevented, and it wasn't. You see things that may happen Ro, you don't cause them, that's called a vision. Its called 'Precognition'."

"Promise me nothing will happen to Vaughn Demetria...." Roenna said, hugging her arms slightly.

Demetria walked up to her and hugged her.
"Nothing will happen to him if you let him know....he'll be sure to be careful" she assured patting her back softly.
"Heyyy do you like that Vaughn guy?" She asked from behind Roenna's head still hugging her.
"Well...I...I..."
Demetria slightly shook her head. "Do you always fall in love Ro?.  I don't trust him by the way..."
"Is there anyone you trust?" Roenna said still being squeezed by Demetria's arms
"I mean it Ro, I don't trust that guy" she said slightly loosening her squeeze.

Roenna  slowly pulled away shrugging before moving towards the bunk bed and climbing up to her mattress.

"Good night Demi" she called out
"Since when?" Demetria asked with an eyebrow raised
"Ah dunno....Since now..." She replied  flashing her a childish grin.
"Goodnight" Demetria said with a chuckle as she Laid on her bed.

"Has anyone ever told you, you look really beautiful without the dark makeup and rings?" Roenna's voice resounded  in the room but she got no  reply.

"Demetria?...." She called out but still no answer. She stretch slightly over her bed to peek at Demetria under her mattress. She had already fallen asleep.

"Really beautiful", Roenna finally whispered with a smile. She fell back on her bed, hugging her arms again as memories of her fall with Vaughn earlier that day came flooding back. How they started to talk, how charming he looked and also how she stood up for herself for the first time, She felt really good, it would've been tagged the best day of her life but just remembering the look on Damon's face while she walked past him with Vaughn made her frown.
But then another thought of her father and brother came through, even though she pretends to be alright without them, she surely isn't.. She missed them so much, she remembered how happy her father and brother sounded over the phone the last time she called, she did miss both of them so much.
She sighed, finally shutting her eyes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Next Morning...

" I love you guys too"
Roenna hung up her phone with a wide smile on her face after talking to her dad, before adjusting her skirt and walking through the classroom door.

"......plus XY equals zero..." The maths teacher called out as he wrote on the board.

"Why are you late to class Steele?" The teacher asked not looking at her, still writing on the board, his gelled moustache twitching as he spoke.
Roenna's  heart beat slowly sped up as she noticed the league of eyes staring at her.