Chapter 6

The Library...

Roenna walked to the shelf and grabbed a big book from it, Demetria sat on one of the library chairs, also reading until she raised her head and noticed the book Roenna held in her hands.
"What book is that?" She asked curiously.
"Uhm...." Roenna scanned the books, on it was written ''VAMPIRE FILES' the book was so dusty and old, Roenna dusted the sides of the book making specks of dust fall off it. She sneezed as she sniffed some particles of dust.
"Vampire files?" Roenna said as she dusts the front cover.
"Vampire files! I've read that book"
"Really? What's it about?
"Errrrr....Vampires?" Demetria gave Roenna a weird look.
"Oh right". Roenna said almost smiling.

" Demetria! Roenna!...why are you guys here?!" Charity, a chubby dark skinned girl and also their roommate yelled excitedly as she walked in.
"Lemme see...we're in a library...there are books around? Why are we here? To strip..?" Sarcasm lingered in her voice. Roenna muffled a laugh.
"No...I mean everyone's at the court watching basketball practice....Guess what?!"
"What?" Roenna asked not showing much concern.
"The new guy joined the team and Sean's back!" Charity said jumping and screeching. "Could this day get any better?"
Roenna wanted to celebrate like Charity but she didn't think it was a great idea to act like Charity right now in front of Demetria, it would definitely get her pissed. Roenna and Demetria watched as she made a hell of noise.
"Charity...You know you're in a library right?
Charity paused.
"You guys are no fun...I'll be leaving now you're missing....a lot" she ran outside the library.
Demetria rolled her eyes as she watched Charity leave. She turned back at Roenna. Roenna turned away.
"So...Vaughn...the new guy joined the team" Roenna said not looking at Demetria.
"Yeah?....so.....?"
"Demetria, face it! He's cute!" She shouted. Demetria eyes widened.
"I didn't say he wasn't". Demetria got off her chair, making way to the exit.
" You coming?" She asked.
"To the court?"
"Yeah!" She answered quickly like she had been waiting for the question.
Roenna quickly placed the book back in the shelf as she followed Demetria out of the library.

The Basketball Court...

It was 8:02pm, and no one was ready to leave the court just yet, the court was filled with students like it was a big game, An outsider would not know it was just practice. They were all having fun and it seemed like none of them were ready to leave anytime soon.

"So, who's your best player so far?" Penelope asked Jade. Jade chuckled.
"You know it would always be Damon Penelope, just stop with the annoying questions".
"SCORE!!!" They heard the crowd cheer.
"Vaughn's scored again" Penelope said smiling. Jade rolled her eyes as she catches a glimpse of Roenna and Demetria.
"What's are they doing here?"
"Who?" Penelope looked around to see who it was her friend was talking about.
"Oh..." She said.
They both watched them until they sat.
"The rest of the game is gonna be annoying for me" Jade stated.

"Uh-oh" Penelope frowned. "Mrs Kaye's here"

The basketball practice stopped, every where became silent at the sight of Mrs Kaye walking into the court to Mr Freeman. They saw her speak to him in a very angry way and also noticed Mr Freeman apologizing.

"Alright guys! I think its late now and you should all head to your dorms" Mr Freeman announced making everyone get of their seats and making way to the exit.

"And.....!" Mrs Kaye yelled making everyone pause. "I hope this doesn't repeat itself again, on no circumstance should you stay this late in school! If this ever happens again...Detention all of you!"
"All of us? The dark skinned guy with brown eyes asked with the most perfect smile.
"Yes Sean, Every - single -one of you" she clearly stated.
Sean shrugged.
"Outside everybody..." Mrs Kaye said before leaving.

"Okay everyone, outside! Outside! And Don't forget to hit the showers before bed boys!" Freeman said clapping his hands wildly as people walked out of the court.