Chapter 13

In the middle of the forest, I couldn't keep walking after the vicious hog attacked me, neither could I stop bleeding, the flesh on my arm had been ripped off by its tusk. I couldn't hunt anymore so I had decided to lie beside a big tree and wait for the bleeding to subside. I placed my silver axe beside me before taking off my shirt and placing it on the wound on my right arm so it would stop bleeding. I was loosing strength and blood fast. Trying to catch my breath and making sure I don't pass out I started to count the little stones on the floor, the grassy area I sat on was pretty comfortable, I could feel my eyes close but I tried to keep them open, as I struggled to keep them open something caught my attention.
A small figure....it was a lady, a really familiar one. But why was she here on her own? It was pretty dangerous out here, and she definitely should not be here on her own, what the hell was she doing here?! She was the one that always got most of my attention every time, the lady whose beauty always had me smitten each time I saw her. I had never said a word to her before, well I never tried. Her beauty was beyond comparison, honestly, I had never laid my eyes on someone as beautiful as she. Her beautiful skin and blonde hair was just so perfect and her green eyes....were so captivating. Yes I had observed that much. I stretched to get a closer look and it looked like she was struggling to get some fruits from the tree. She had a long rod, she kept swinging it up to the tree to get more fruits down. She looked like she was having a hard time, I didn't think she saw me. One fruit dropped causing a bright smile which lit up her face, I smiled along with her not because her fruit dropped but because of how beautiful she looked with her smile on. My attention soon diverted to something on the bark of the tree, I stretched more to take a closer look, it was exactly what I thought it was, It looked like a branch and she would definitely not know but I knew due to my experience as a hunter. It was one of the most poisonous snakes in existence. The beautiful lady obviously did not see the snake crawling down from the tree to her, it was the exact same colour of the tree bark. Without thinking twice I picked up my silver axe, and raced to the tree, with just one swing of my axe I cut the snake in two and it fell to ground its blood spilling.
"Oh my goodness!" I heard her shriek.
"You know you shouldn't be out here on your own right?" I asked her, that was the first thing I'd ever said to her.
"I .....I was trying to get some fruits" her tiny voice always called for goose bumps.
"I'm glad you weren't hurt" the only thing I said before falling to the ground. My vision blurred.
"Oh my..! What's wrong with you?" You're bleeding...what happened?!" I saw her fall to the ground, her face really close to mine.
"I'll be fine" I said in pain.
" You're loosing a lot of blood..." she said placing her hand on mine which was holding my already blood soaked shirt.
"I have to take you to grandpa..." She said with pity. Her eyes softened, very beautifully. But how will she take me to her Grandpa.
"I can't take you by myself...Can you walk?"
"I'll try" I said before she reached down for me and helped me up.
"There you go...let's get you to grandpa, he'll take care of you" She said getting the basket filled with apples.

"Sorry" the only word she kept saying as we walked to her Grandpa's, it wasn't that far and besides we were almost there.
"What is your name?" I totally forgot that I hadn't asked for her name since I'd known her. Her Grandpa was a very nice man, he had helped me on several occasions and I'd been his loyal apprentice for several years. We would always go on hunts together, I always helped him hunt whenever he felt weak but honestly...he was pretty strong for an old man. I saw how he would always pamper his grand daughter. He loved his grand daughter too much to let her wander off on her own in this dangerous forest, that still made me wonder what she had doing here all on her own.
"Anabelle" I heard her say.
"Oh, beautiful" I said walking towards her grand father's porch.
"Grandpa! Grandpa!" She called.
"Anabelle?" I heard his voice from the other room. He came out and he looked quite upset and worried.
"Anabelle, where have you been?"
I looked at Anabelle, she was pretty scared, it was then I knew she hadn't told her Grandpa -Mr Madis- before leaving
" Uhm...Grandpa I...I can explain"
Okay, she was gonna explain. She didn't look like she was going to tell the truth anyway. She was afraid of her Grandpa, she also didn't want to get scolded.