Chapter 8

Jade's Dorm...
Jade watched as Penelope brushed her ginger hair before the mirror, she could feel Penelope's eyes watching her through the mirror. Jade brought out a nude roll-up lipstick from her purse and smeared it on her lips, they still hadn't spoken to each other since last night's argument. Jade wasn't really pleased with the way everything turned out, Penelope was her best friend and she couldn't do without her for a day.
'How would I tie this now?'-Like I said, she couldn't do without Penelope.
Jade was getting ready for school and she was having a hard time knotting her ribbon- like tie into a bow. The girls' tie were different from the Guys', their tie looked like a ribbon and Jade thought it was rather frustrating than fashionable, a reason why Penelope usually helped her knot it. She turned away from Penelope, trying to save herself from embarrassment, she put the black tie over her collar, not knowing exactly what to do next, she decided to try, she twisted and turned and tried every possible way she thought a bow could be knotted, but none worked. Penelope could here her soft groans of frustration.

"I thought this would always go here" Jade grumbled. She stopped moving when she felt a soft touch on her neck.
"This time you should watch how I do it, I'm not going to be here all the time you know" Penelope said as she stood before her holding each sides of the tie over her neck as she started to knot it. She didn't smile, it was obvious she was still mad at Jade and she wanted her to apologize, she had no problem apologizing but apologize for what exactly? she wanted the best for her friend, she wanted her to let go of her pride, if she was going to be proud around someone, it shouldn't have to be her. Penelope walked back to the mirror when she finished helping her friend.
"Th-Thank you" Jade muttered but Penelope ignored her. Jade sat back on her bed, rolled her black net socks all the way to her thighs under her short striped maroon skirt. It was Thursday, and the cheer team were not allowed to wear their cheer uniforms to class on any day but Wednesday.
"Uhm...Penelope?"
Penelope looked at Jade through the mirror.
"Uhm....Don't forget your cheer uniform"
"Which one? The black and white or the maroon?"
"You know we use the black and white for practice....we've never used the maroon uniforms for practice before, we use them only for the big games" she sounded authoritatively. Penelope didn't like her tone one bit. She scoffed and looked away.
Jade looked away too, she took her black blazer from the hanger next to her bed, picked up her bag and walked out of her dorm, shutting the door behind her.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Classroom...
Jade entered the classroom and noticed the silence in class but heard only one voice, it was Damon's, sounded like he was announcing something. She walked slowly into the class as she passed Damon and took her seat. Murmuring began.
"Please guys...listen..." Damon tried to put the class in order.
"Okay so its gonna be at my house...but its gonna be a pool party....."
Jade soon realized what Damon was talking about. How could she forget? Damon's birthday was coming up, she remembered when they first met, when they were in their 4th year. It was on his birthday.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was a very bubbly night, teenagers were everywhere, some were dancing on the dance floor, some were dancing by the balcony, some were dancing at a corner, some teenagers also drank, most of the teenagers in the party were drunk. Other teenagers smoked cigarettes and the ones that didn't smoke in public went to corners. A boy was seated on the couch and a girl with ginger hair was spotted grinding on him, the music was thumping, it was the birthday party of a very famous guy in school, of course the party was a very lively one. Everyone were enjoying themselves, it was a dangerous night.
"Birthday boy!" Sean walked up to the couch Damon sat. He looked really good, he wore a white T-shirt and black Jean pants and topped it up with a denim jacket and a pair of vans sneakers.
"Hey man!" Damon greeted as he shook his friend.
"How are you enjoying your party?"
"Its great... I mean ...with all this chicks...what could possibly go wrong?"
"Yeah, the party is going as planned...So there should be a game soon?" Sean asked.
"Damon?" He called. "Damon?" He called again, Damon was with Sean but he wasn't paying attention, he seem to be looking at somewhere else, or someone else, Sean traced his gaze and saw him staring at a lone blondie seated by the aquarium unaffected by the party shiver. She looked good on her short white dress and brown gladiator sandals, her hair was packed in a ponytail. She was really beautiful.
"Damon!" Sean called again
"Who's she?" He asked smiling still looking at her.
"I don't know, she got transferred to our class on Thursday, you weren't around"
"What's her name?"
"No idea man"
"She's pretty"
"I know"