Chapter 27

"Where are you going?!" Demetria yelled after him.
"Stop asking questions and Run!" Vaughn yelled still running and not letting go off Roenna. They knew something was onto them but it wasn't fair on them because the darkness was not helping, they couldn't see a thing although they could see and follow their silhouettes.
Tristan remembered he held a flashlight, he quickly flicked it on for sight because it was the only thing the flashlight could do to help at this invigorating moment. He remembered the gun, the man had handed him earlier, he reached for it at the side of his pants while he ran.

How many where they?

Four. Maybe.

Tristan had an idea and he didn't think twice before acting.

"Powww!!!" the gunshot went off. This slowed down the rest especially Vaughn, they wondered where the gunshot had come from and who it had hit.

"That was me! " Tristan yelled. He had shot one dead. A silver bullet at the middle of his head. Vaughn's eyes widened. That was one of his own Tristan just killed.

God. Things were getting worse for him.

Another one launched foward towards Vaughn and Roenna, this one was female.
"Watch out!" Roenna yelled as they both ducked causing female creature to crash into a tree. She got on her feet almost immediately.
"Give her to me" She snarled, fangs poking out of her mouth. She dashed towards them and with one strike Vaughn led her to the floor. She got back on her feet again.
They didn't stop running, all of them, the night was pitch black and the storm was closing in, clouds obstructing the moon from giving them a little bit of natural light, by this time, some of them already had their flashlights and it lit their pathway slightly. Charity was way behind, no one thought her weight would be a reason for her not moving fast, she was scared and clearly tired, looking back at the chasers as she ran.
"Look out Char-!" Demetria tried to warn.
"Fuuuuuuuuck!" She yelled out at the gore, slowing down.
"Jesus fucking Christ!" Sean yelled too. It wasn't a clear sight, but their flashlights definitely helped them see exactly what had happened. A branch had murdered Charity cold blooded. It had gone through her skull, everything seemed to stop for a moment, blood pouring on her face and eyes wide open.
"Shit, shit, shit, Run Demetria! Run! Don't stop!" Tristan persuaded, pointing his flashlight again at another one of the creature, another gunshot went off, he went down with a loud thud. Another one launched at Tristan, punching him hard, the impact had made him lose his gun.
"Tristan!" Roenna yelled in horror. Demetria thought fast, finding a sharp wooden branch from the floor, she ran with all her might and thrived it into the creature's chest causing blood to shower them. Before they could stop to breathe, one of them, the female; had engaged in a with Vaughn. It didn't seem like it would end soon, quickly Demetria picked up the gun Tristan had dropped and there was another gunshot.
"Demetria!" Tristan yelled. The bullet had nearly grazed Vaughn, everyone stopped to look at her.
"You're welcome, that's all of them...for now" she glared at Vaughn before walking away.
"Charity..." Jade muttered.
Demetria tightened her lips and fists, trying to stop her tears from dropping, pain filled her voice and she motioned her flashlight to Charity.
"She's gone"
"No!" Jade cried out.
"No...no...no..." Roenna said, crying and burying her head in Vaughn's chest.
"What the hell is happening?!" Damon yelled looking like he would break down in tears any moment.
"Keep your voice down" Vaughn spoke.
"You! You know something!" Damon said pushing Vaughn against a tree, holding him by the shirt.
"Hey, hey, Damon..." Sean held his arm as he he held Vaughn.
"Damon stop-"
"Shut up Roenna! Do you want to be the next?!" Damon yelled.
"We shouldn't be doing this" Vaughn said almost choking, for a human Damon was actually strong.
"Well I guess we should be dying then" Damon said tightening his grip.
"What do you know?" He asked again.
"I know Nothing." Vaughn raised his voice pushing Damon away from him and Damon's steps faltered.
"Bullshit" Demetria muttered.
"You can just tell this bastard knows something! "Damon said motioning his hands towards Vaughn.
" Oh he doesn't" Demetria fake smiled before walking up to him.
"He knows nothing, right Vaughn?" She paused before continuing. "Look, If I find out you know something that we don't, if I find out that you watched all of this happen when you could've done something about it, If I find out that somehow you have something to do with whatever is happening to us right now...I swear on my father's grave Vaughn, I swear that I'll kill you with my own hands and feed your heart to the wild animals" she said, eyes as red as flame.
"What are you saying Demetria?!" Roenna shouted, still wailing.
"It won't be the first time I'll murder someone" she said walking ahead. Everyone stared at her in awe, visibly shocked by her last words.
"We have to keep moving" she added.
"Where are we even going?" Sean asked.
"Finding our way back" Tristan replied.
"Wouldn't it be easier if we just find Damon's car, from the crosswalk?"
Yes, but we're too far in in the woods, you'll get seen, it's safer in here" Vaughn answered Sean.
"I'm sick of hearing your stupid voice Vaughn, so would you please just shut the hell up?" Damon said.
"Vaughn's got a point though" Sean stated.
Suddenly, a loud thud was heard. Someone had fallen.
"Maria!" He went down to the ground with her.
"Guys...guys.. She...She's unconscious..." He panicked, his hand under her head as he tried to wake her up. Everyone rushed to Jade.
"She's breathing...right?" Sean asked.
"Yeah...yeah yeah, she's breathing" he said checking.
"She fainted" Demetria said. "Water, pour her some water" she fell to the floor, hands running through her head, trying to process everything.