Chapter 12

The Next Morning...
7:32am.

It was a Saturday morning, and Roenna was still in bed, Demetria however was up, sitting in front of the mirror brushing her hair, still in her PJ's. She looked really beautiful with her smooth pale skin and her face bare–Roenna was so right when she said Demetria looked beautiful without her make up and rings.

"Demetria?" Roenna yawned waking up.
Demetria turned back to look at Roenna. She muffled a laugh.
"What?" Roenna asked rubbing her eyes with the side of her left index finger.
"You look miserable" Demetria stated turning back to the mirror.
Roenna gasped. "You are so mean" she got off her bed climbing down the steel ladder step by step and stomped over to the mirror to look at herself. She pouted realizing that Demetria was right, she didn't just look miserable, she looked funny too. She tried untangling her ruffled hair.
"Oh please...should there be any other reason why you're brushing your hair this early? It was obviously like mine before you started..." Roenna voice trailed off as she laughed and walked back to the bed, falling back on Demetria's lower bunk.
"You know I do this every morning" Demetria said. Roenna didn't reply anymore.
"How's your head? How do you feel?" Demetria asked.
"Better..." Roenna said briefly.
Demetria looked at her through the mirror, her mood had changed.
"Hey..What's it this time?." Demetria asked rolling her eyes.
"Vaughn.... has anyone heard anything about him?.." She asked sadly.
"Look Roenna–" Demetria was saying before she was cut off by the loud bang as the door flung open.
Charity had just forcefully entered.
"Heyyy!!! Vaughn is back!!!" She cheered, her dark chubby cheeks brightening up.
"What?!" Demetria exclaimed, her hand stopped mid brushing.
"He's back! He's at the basketball court!" She chirped happily.
Roenna was happy but she was just as confused as Demetria was".
"How...How did he?!" Roenna got off the bed trying to comprehend the news. She was still in her white short silky night gown and ruffled hair, she rushed to the door.
"Hey! You can't go out like that!"
Roenna ran outside her dorm not caring to hear anything Demetria had to say or cared about. What was wrong with her? She just wanted to see for herself that Vaughn was fine.
"Does she like him?" Charity asked, pointing at the of the door.
"Shut up Charity" Demetria replied standing up from the table and walking towards the door.
"You're also going to the basketball court like that?"
"Roenna won't be the only one" Demetria shrugged and also still in her black night gown, she followed Roenna, shutting the door behind her.
"Hey! Wait for me!!" Charity yelled following Demetria.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Basketball Court...

Roenna walked into the court slowly as she watched Vaughn play basketball alone, she slowly walked towards him, she didn't think he saw her  but then she heard him say "Hey"
still bouncing the ball and shooting hoops

She stopped.
"Hello" she said shyly.
He stopped holding the ball in his hands and turned around, he paused when he noticed she parts of her body was exposed.
"Uhm..." was all he said before she adjusted the strip of her gown that had fell loose on her shoulders.
"What happened to you?" He asked after noticing the bandage tied around her forehead.
"I...I fell" she said.
Vaughn muffled a laugh "Too bad I wasn't there to catch you"

"How...how did you do it?" Roenna asked ignoring whatever he had just said.
" Do what?"
"Survive...Vaughn..you were stuck under-"
"Yeah...I know..." He cut her off "But I'm fine now"
"I'm sorry...I was gonna tell you!" She said before noticing she had said too much.
"Tell me? Tell me what?" He asked curiously as he moved closer to her.
"Err...well..I ...its..." Her heart beat sped up for two reasons, he was too close and she had said too much.
"To....be...to be careful"
"You knew I was gonna have that accid-?" His eyes narrowed.
"No! I just..."
"She doesn't owe you any explanation"
Vaughn rolled his eyes at the sight of Demetria as she walked up to them.