Chapter 15

He sat there, watching her, uncomfortably. He didn't notice his eyes were teary, he rubbed his eyes with his left palm, he felt guilty and it was eating him up fast. He wondered why he had this strange feeling, it couldn't be what he was thinking, he didn't want it to be. It was the worse that could happen at this moment, he had almost fulfilled his purpose of coming here, this shouldn't be happening to him right now.
"Vaughn?.....Hey Vaughn?!" Penelope called looking behind her, she sat in front of him.
He raised an eyebrow.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine" he said.
"You always say that when you're not fine "
"You don't know me" he said crankily.
"Uhm...Okay?" Penelope said turning back.
Roenna turned to him again, she had noticed how disturbed he was, he also looked at her. She saw the softness in his eyes, she smiled slightly, making his confused expression fade away slowly. Of course she had definitely fallen deeply in love with him and it was hard to hide it anymore. She looked at him so passionately forgetting there were students in class, he didn't stop staring too. Her eyes still had it's ways of capturing him even though he never wanted it to.
"Do you think Tristan will be okay on his own? Demetria whispered interrupting Roenna.
" Hmm? Tri_Tris? Oh yeah...he'll be fine"
"Are YOU fine?" Demetria asked raising an eyebrow noticing the connection between she and Vaughn.
"Yeah why?" She asked blinking uncontrollably.
"Nothing... You're just....not here" she said looking at Vaughn.
"What do you mean-"
"Good morning Students!" A beautiful blonde young lady, Miss Smith, their English language teacher, greeted with her ever beautiful British accent.
"Good morning Miss Smith!!" The students greeted back.
"I'm sorry...So sorry I was late...something came up.." She said moving to the board in a hurry, dropping her bag on the desk. She saw Vaughn getting off his seat, muttering something before opening the door.
"Where are you going?" Miss Smith asked writing on the board with a black marker. He paused, he didn't turn back to the class. He sensed all eyes on him.
"I need sometime alone.... Ma'am" he said still facing the door.
"Look at me when I'm talking to you young man" She said stopping whatever she was doing. Vaughn's hand which was on the door handle dropped. He took a deep breath, the only thing that helped him control himself in times like this. He slowly turned to her.
"Where did you say you were going?" She asked again.
"Out...of here" he said looking at her.
"Why? What is wrong with you? You can't just leave the classroom like that, you know?"
"I didn't want to disturb...besides I said to Excuse me" Vaughn said calmly.
"Well i didn't hear..."
"Oh." He said with a straight face.
"You can start by apologizing" she said and from nowhere it sounded like someone choked on laughter. Everyone turned to him.
"Sorry?" Damon chuckled, one arm folded on his chest and the other over his mouth making sure he didn't burst into laughter, he thought it was funny to expect Vaughn to apologize.
"Byrne...everything alright?" Miss Smith turned to Damon.
"Hm...Yeah! Sure ma'am..Everything's perfectly fine.." He said scratching his head.
Miss Smith turned back to Vaughn.
"Its not a good thing to miss classes Vaughn" She said. She seemed like she understood him.
"I'm sorry ma'am" he said with no difficulty.
"Okay...you may go..be back on time though, "
Vaughn nodded slightly before turning to Damon. He made a sound that sounded like a scoff before making his way out of the classroom.
"Shall we continue?" He heard Miss Smith voice fade as he walked away. He walked quickly through the hallway making his way to the restroom. He was already at the door to the restroom when_
"Vaughn?" He heard his name. He looked back.
"What do you want?"
"I want to know... what the heck is going on with you?" Penelope sounded frustrated.
"Why should that matter to you?"
"Well I care... I care a lot about you Vaughn... and I'm not an enemy... " her voice lowered. "I'm...I'm...I mean no harm Vaughn" she moved closer to him. "I wouldn't hurt you"
"Hurt me?" He scoffed.
"Yeah..." She started to sound softly
"I can help you...if you just let me...tell me...tell me what's going on with you.." She said, at this time she was really close already.
"Look Vaughn.... I... I like you...I really...like you... And if you can just...gimme a chance...a chance to show you how much you mean to me, I promise you'll never regret it.." She said stretching her toes and pulling his head to hers.
"You don't know how you make me feel..." She gently ran her fingers through his hair, making Vaughn really calm and falling for whatever she was trying to do.
"Penelope-" he tried to speak
"Shh..." She said. Penelope had succeeded in taking advantage of his weakness. Vaughn was tough yeah, but his heart was damn too fragile. Before any other thing, Penelope wrapped her lips around his, claiming it. He didn't resist. She thought he tasted tentatively with his tongue as he traced it across the bottom of her lip, the caress of his lips felt so soft. Man he had great lips!
Soon they started to swallow each other, making the kiss even more intense. She let out a moan as Vaughn's hot breath travelled down to her neck. He bit softly.
"Vaughn..." She moaned out his name as they continued. She started to unbutton her shirt, loosening her tie as they kissed forcefully.
Really? You guys are gonna do this here? And now? Really?😒
His chest pressed against her breast as the intimacy became stronger. He raised her up with no stress, her legs wrapped around his waist, he placed her against the wall. They kept on going, her fingers were tangled in his hair. She was trying to keep her grip under control being careful not to pull.
"Roenna..." He let out with a breath. Penelope heard him clearly.
Roenna??!! She rolled her eyes. She became furious but she couldn't stop...not now. He was just so good. She couldn't get mad at him even if she wanted to.