8

August woke up from his alarm then quickly turned it off. He sat up and walked in Paris room, she was knocked out and he smiled. He turned on her light and walked over to her bed, shaking her a little

"Come on mama, time for school" He said while still shaking her.

Of course sometimes it hard to wake up a toddler, he picked her up and walked into the bathroom, sitting her on the counter. Her head was leaning and August busted out laughing, scaring her.

"Dadddyyyy!" She cried

August continued to laugh and held her "I'm
sorry baybeh, but you gotta wake up. Let's brush our teeth"

Paris wiped her eyes and grabbed her toothbrush, he turned on the radio so she could be in a better mood. He left out the bathroom to go get his toothbrush.

They were both brushing their teeth and Paris was standing up on the counter and looking at herself in the mirror. She danced a little, entertaining August. He was worried about what he was gonna do to her hair, it was literally all over the place. He really didn't want to call Tasha over to help but he knew he was gonna need some help.

Moments later, August was following Tasha's instructions. She came over with her and her son, he was hesitant to let her in because she didn't bring her husband. She claimed he didn't have to work so he was still sleep.

Tasha was telling August what to do to Paris hair, it was actually looking good. He barley struggled doing it and wasn't hurting Paris at all. After he finished her braids, he grabbed the edge brush and winked at Paris

"I've been watching mommy do this" He said

"Don't mess them up daddy" Paris said while laughing

"I'm not, I got this"

He did her edges perfectly then placed two bows on her head. He thought he really didn't need Tasha's help. Paris jumped up from the chair then put on her shoes since she was already dressed, August cleaned the area and put the chair back over to her little table set in her room.

They all went downstairs to the kitchen and August fixed Paris a bowl of cereal, she quickly sat at the table and ate her cereal.

"Thanks for guiding me to do her hair" August told Tasha

Tasha smiled at him "No problem, I knew you were gonna need help. Lil mama gotta a lot of hair"

"Oh you know, she got that from her daddy" He said with confidence and did a little shoulder dance.

Once Paris finished her cereal, August grabbed the bowl and put it in the sink. He grabbed her lunch box out the fridge and handed it to Paris. Paris grabbed her backpack off the table and hopped off the chair.

"Alright guys, ready for your first day??" He said

They both nodded quickly and Paris jumped up and down.

"Alright! Let's goooo!" He walked off and grabbed the keys off the table.

They were all laughing and August looked at them and noticed they were in the same spot.

"What? What's so funny?"

"You're gonna leave the house like that daddy?" She said through her laugh

He looked down and noticed he was in a wife beater and pajama pants. He smiled and slapped his forehead "I'll be back"

August sat the keys down and quickly went upstairs to change....

~~~~~~~

Kayla woke up and looked over at the clock, it was 1 in the afternoon then she sat up. She took her phone off the charger and seen all the notifications she had. She opened August messages and seen the pictures of Paris, Kayla smiled and felt the tears building up. She was sad because she was growing so fast. She sat her phone down so she could go ahead and get her day started. The meet and greet was in 2 hours and the show was later on at The Admiral Theatre. She didn't know what to expect every time she came to Chicago but she knew it was gonna be lit.

Kayla had on a short black fitted dress, a ripped up jean jacket and had on the Space Jam 11's. She wanted to be comfortable because she knew how turnt she was about to be at the meet and greet. She was on FaceTime with August and his artist as she got ready. Once she was finished, she grabbed her duffel bag and her phone, then made her way downstairs.

"Y'all I'm so excited, I wish y'all were here" Kayla said to them as she was still on FaceTime with them.

"Girl, I wish I was there hell. August about to kill us." Angel said

Kayla laughed "It's all about the process, it will be worth it. Trust me"

"When you coming back?" Alex asked

"I'm coming back Monday, I got a show in New York tomorrow. Gotta get all the rest I can tonight, I gotta wake up super early"

"We'll see how that goes, yo ass be turning up in Chicago" August said

"Ima try not to turn up down here, business only tonight"

"Giiiiirrllllllll.." They all said

Kayla started laughed and gave them the finger "Fuck all y'all, watch. Ima be calm, cool, and collected"

"Shit, we'll see"

"I dislike y'all, I gotta go. I'll call you after the show August"

"Ight baybeh"

"I love you"

"I love you more"

"Awwww" The artist said

"Y'all childish, bye y'all"

"Byeee!"

She hung up and placed her phone in her purse...

****