4

The next 2 weeks

Kayla's POV

I was excited because it was Paris 3rd birthday today! August was already outside with a few people getting the decorations and things together. I just got finished bathing Paris and we were in her room drying her off. Paris was excited just as I was. Adrian came over and was getting Leon and London dressed.

"I want cake mommy" Paris said.

"You're gonna have lots of cake at your party and I have a surprise for you too" I walked over to her closet and she was clapping because she loved surprises. I pulled out a Spider-Man costume and she got so excited.

"Spider-Man! Spider-Man! Spider-Man!" She yelled out and was jumping up and down.

I had put the costume on her and she was a little too hyped. Me and Adrian couldn't help but laugh at her. It took me a minute to put on her shoes, I fixed her hair and put it in a simple high ponytail. Adrian finished dressing Leon and London and they all looked gorgeous.

"Awwww, look at my babies. I need to take a picture" I said and ran to get my phone. I grabbed it and ran back into Paris room all out of breath. I took so many pictures of them, and of course I over did it.

"Let's go outside and help August guys" Adrian said and we all went downstairs to go outside.

The kids instantly ran off and went over to August. We walked over and seen August holding Paris and kissing her cheek.

"They look so good, and my baybeh is finally 3"

"What you need us to do?" I asked him.

"Uhh, really the only thing is the food. We'll be good after that. They just cleaning out the pool and figuring out where they're gonna place the bounce houses. I got the decorations" He explained.

Me and Adrian both nodded and walked off. I can tell Adrian was still bothered with something. We went into the kitchen and stood there.

"What's wrong Adrian ?" I asked her.

She shook her head and started pulling out the ingredients for the Rotel Dip. I pulled out the bowl to make the big salad.

"I can tell something is wrong, is it Devin still?"

She sighed "He keeps coming over to get the kids. He flipped the fuck out once I ain't had them, I told him they were at the babysitter's house. He's just been really tripping lately and I can't take it" she explained softly.

This problem with her and Devin is getting out of hand. He's been so angry for no reason and he acts like he can't man up and talk to Adrian. Adrian is a nice ass girl and she's my friend, I just hope she's not letting Devin do anything bad to her.

I stayed quiet for a minute then looked at her while she began cooking the meat.

"Is Devin hitting you?" I asked softly, not wanting her to get offended.

She smacked her lips and looked at me "Does it look like he's fucking putting his hands on me Kayla?"

"Hey I'm just saying, I lowkey feel like you're letting him run you over and letting him talk to you any kind of way. I know you're better than that"

She looked at me crazy and slammed the spatula down "Look here, stop worrying about what the fuck me and him got going on. Mind your fucking business, my life isn't perfect like yours and August." She rolled her eyes and continued cooking.

I had to hold my tongue because I knew she was going through this nonsense with Devin. She my girl and all but that will be her first and last time talking to me like that, I'm just being curious because she know Ima act a fool if I find out Devin putting his hands on her.