21

Kayla's POV

I slowly looked up and seen Adrian and Alex laid out on the floor, lifeless. I stood up and froze, just looking at them. Devin had his mouth wide open then dropped the guns. Angel, Angela and Diasia all screamed, running over to Alex. Tears fell down Devin's face and he walked over to Adrian..

"Adrian, come on, get up I'm sorry!" Devin said and softly slapping her face.

Angel quickly got up and started hitting on Devin.

"YOU SHOT HIM! YOU FUCKIN SHOT HIM" She cried.

August quickly grabbed her and pulled her away from him, I couldn't even move. I was stuck, I wasn't at least expecting Adrian to get shot. Seeing that my ex bestfriend got shot made my heart heavy. Even bringing a vision how my ma laid lifeless on the ground outside after she got shot. Everything faded as everyone went crazy, I couldn't even move. August was trying to pull me but I just stood there, staring at Adrian.

"KAYLA COME ON! WHAT THE FUCK" He yelled.

"Kayla! What are you doing come on!" Diasia cried.

I looked at them then looked at Courtney, who laid there lifeless as well. August roughly pulled me then thats when we heard the kids screaming and crying from the stairs.

"MOMMY!" London screamed and tried coming down the stairs

"No no no" I said quickly running up the stairs and stopping her.

"What happened mommy?" Paris said while crying

It was hard trying to think of a lie but August quickly came over to us and he was looking at the kids while breathing hard.

"It's Okay y'all. Kayla gone stay here while we rush to the hospital"

I already figured the kids weren't dumb, they were all too smart to figure what was going on and I already had a feeling they knew. I gathered them and took them back to the room as they all cried hard.

"What happened to my mommy?" Leon said

A tear fell down my eye quickly and I just shook my head. It was way too much going on for me tonight.

"Did someone shoot her? We heard gun shots!"

I just cried hard and tried my best to avoid this conversation "Did you guys take your baths?"

They all shook their heads then I nodded and stood "Well let's go take our baths so we can watch Spider-Man"

They all got a little excited...thank God. I pulled out pajamas for London and Paris and tried finding a simple little wife beater for Leon, they didn't have any clothes so I just gave them some of Paris clothes. Good I found a little wife beater for Leon and some basketball shorts. Paris was such a little Tom boy at times.

They followed me to the bathroom and I started running their bath water. The tub was big enough for all 3 of them so I was just gonna bathe them all at once. I stopped the water once it was enough and I smiled at them.

"Y'all go ahead and get in"

Paris made a face that was sooo funny "Leon gotta take a bath with us??"

"Yesss, he does little smarty pants"

I heard my phone ring downstairs and I pointed towards the tub "Get in"

I went downstairs and froze once I still seen Courtney laying on the floor still. Blood was everywhere and I felt my stomach getting upset. I quickly grabbed my phone off the table stand next to the door, she seen it was August then answered

"Hello?"

"Is Courtney dead?"

"Umm...I think so. Blood is literally everywhere "

"Go check"

I slowly walked over to Courtney and seen she was twitching a little bit.

"She's twitching"

"Finish her.."

"August I might as well let her just die right here. Or just do something with her now"

"Ight well do that. Clean all that shit up"

He hung up the phone and she sighed. She went into the kitchen and grabbed some latex gloves from the cabinet under the sink where all the cleaning supplies were. She grabbed all the cleaning supplies and went back to where Courtney was.

"You've literally ruined my life. I will be stuck with this shit in my head forever. You've got what you've wanted and I hope you're happy" She said to Courtney while grabbing her by the legs and dragging her out the back.

Tears fell and she continued to talk

"...you've took my man and now I can't even look at him the same no more. You plotted on me and tried to take my fucking child. You've must've lost your damn mind. He say he knew you were up to something but I don't believe that shit. Fuck all that. You broke his heart and you were that nigga's first love. Of course his stupid ass gone run back to you..."

She was finally out the door and dropped her legs "I can't believe this stupid shit. I got myself caught up in this bullshit. What the fuck was I thinking?? I should've fought for Qua, hell I should've ran back to him since he was my first love! But no! I had to be stuck on stupid and I've been dealing with your dumb ass for years and now look where it got you....DEAD bitch. Since August been fucking around with you, he can do something with your ass I'm done!"

"Ka...Ka...Kayla" Courtney said

She looked at her crazy and bent down. Seeing Courtney really struggling to talk.

Courtney hands were shaking bad and she lifted them trying to reach for Kayla's hand. Kayla was still looking at her crazy but watched. She finally grabbed Kayla's hand and moved it to Kayla's stomach.

"Y...you...pre..pregnant...do..don't le...ave h..him"

Courtney hand loosened and she was finally out. Courtney life was over with and Kayla sat there and froze. Her mouth was wide and she couldn't believe what she just said. Kayla touched her stomach and felt herself getting weak also. She quickly stood up and tried walking away from Courtney but her vision seemed like the back door was far away. Kayla felt the sharp pain in her stomach and fell to the ground.....

To be continued...