17

A few days past and August household was full of tension. Kayla now sleeps in the guest room since she doesn't want to be seen by August or be bothered with him. August got so caught up with Courtney, she comes over a few times. It was Monday and Kayla just dropped Paris and Josiah off at school. She used August's truck since her truck was in the shop, she went upstairs to put his keys back and seen him and Courtney laid up together, sleep. Her fist begin to ball up but she just threw the keys in Courtney face. Courtney woke up quickly and looked at Kayla.

"Gah damn, the fuck is your problem?" Courtney spat.

Since Courtney been in the house, she been lowkey picking with her. Kayla didn't care how childish it was, she just wanted to give her one last ass whooping.

"I was trynna throw them at August, not you.." Kayla said then smirked

"You lucky I can't do shit with you, Ima just be unbothered and keep fuckin ya husband."

"Courtney, shut the fuck up and go to sleep" August said.

Courtney gave Kayla the finger then laid back down. Kayla walked out then slammed the door purposely, they both had her fucked up. She went downstairs and start to cook breakfast for herself, Kayla been stressed about August and Courtney lately and she couldn't stand the atmosphere. She don't know what's going through August head, and she needed to find out. She also wanted to know what happened between her and Qua because she don't remember a thing. She picked her phone then unblocked one of the numbers, she called it and heard it ring for a few seconds..

"Uh, hello?" He said with a raspy voice.

Chills quickly went down her spine and she sighed "Its Kayla..."

"Yeah, I know. Why you callin?"

"What the fuck happened at the hotel?"

He got silent for a moment then coughed "What you mean?"

"Why'd you take a picture of me and you like we did something? Cause I know we didn't.."

"I mean, you were drunk as fuck"

"Okay??"

"Look, Ima be honest. Nah, we didn't and I also gotta tell you something.." His voice got slow and it was silent again.

"Hello?? What is it?"

"N-nevermind, I'll see you around"

"QUA!"

He hung up and she sighed. She placed her phone in her back pocket then continued cooking. Once she was done, she sat at the bar and start to eat. As her usual routine, she would sing softly to calm herself down. She heard footsteps approach but she ignored it. August came in her presence but she continued to sing, he looked in the pots and skillets.

"You didn't make anything for us?"

Kayla scrunched up her face "What the fuck I look like? I ain't y'all mutha fuckin maid, better bring y'all lazy asses down here and cook"

"That hella was unnecessary, all you had ta say was yes or no"

"I wish you wasn't so dumb" She said quietly and continued to eat.

He looked at her and she looked at him. They haven't talked since the whole situation anyways, he leaned against the counter and was still looking at her.

"I'm not dumb.." He said through his sigh.

"Oh so you not? You're in her arms now, what's next? You want a divorce? You want me to get out your house?" She slightly yelled. "You fell for her shit! What the fuck does she have that I don't?"