3

Kayla quickly woke up from the memory she had of how she first met Billy. No one really and truly honestly knew about that story, about how her and Damion were homeless and were hopping from different Motels. It was rough for them but they were strong and managed. Billy and Kayla were closer than any one thought, no one knew Billy was letting Kayla and Damion stay with him. She's actually thankful for him because she probably would've got caught stealing by someone who wouldn't let her slide like that. She would've got locked up and Damion would've been on his own. She looked to her side and didn't see August in the bed, she heard the kids playing in the next room. She grabbed her phone off the night stand and saw it was 1am. She went to her messages and had to text Billy an appreciation message, she couldn't get the memory out of her head.

After sending the message, she got out of bed and peeked into Paris room, they built a clubhouse and was playing hide and seek. She smiled and walked downstairs, hoping to see August in the living room or kitchen. She didn't. She slowly opened the studio door and peeked in, she saw August in there writing in a journal. She softly knocked and he turned around then smiled at her.

"I see you're up.." He said with one of his cute smiles she liked.

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting to be sleep that long. Guess I was really tired." She slowly shut the door and sat in the leather chair next to him.

"What you writing?" She softly asked.

"Um, just a song. About my feelings about you and our daughter"

She looked at him and could tell something was bothering him but he was trying his best to hide it.

She grabbed his hand softly "I can tell something is wrong.."

He shook his head and softly bit his bottom lip

"I don't know, I'm just afraid to lose y'all yunno? I've gotten so attached it's like I'd lose my mind if you would try to leave and take Paris. I was definitely lowkey losing my mind when you were with Drake.."

They did a small laugh together but his face went back to seriousness.

"But seriously, whatever we go through. I hope we get through it, move past it and continue with our happy life. You see how good we've been?" He looked up at her with his brow raised.

"Yeah I've noticed, but it's like my music is really trying to keep me away from you guys. It's already starting off I ain't seen Paris in 2 weeks, then I got shows coming up and I won't even know if you're gonna attend"

He scratched the back of his head "Yeah about that, see, my manager wants me to work with these artists. It's like I can't get a break for shit.."

"Seriously??" Kayla face lifted.

"Yeah, I knew he didn't want me to have a break in the first place"

Kayla was disappointed now that it was official she knew he couldn't attend. She knew Adrian probably didn't want to go but it's worth a shot to ask.

"Well, at least you got to attend my performance.."

"I would really like to go, you had my high ass lit"

They both laughed at thinking about how August was acting at Kayla's performance in Chicago. Just thinking about it, August quickly thought of Qua. Kayla didn't know August knew about Qua, August wanted to wait to talk about him, thinking about him kind of made him upset. Kayla looked at August and smiled, he quickly smiled back to cover up how he was mugging.