Mars Day 36: Red lite Green lite

What are you doing Ablo?

“Just watching a television show on the Mars Rover.”

Marvelous Ablo.  It’s good to see that it has better use than snooping around for rocks.

“Yes sir.  It’s good for just snooping too.”

Who’s that fellow on the show you’re watching?  He looks rather dashing.  As a matter of fact…he looks just like me.

“There is a strong resemblance isn’t there sir?”

And Ablo, that looks just like miss Monicolointzgee.  And they’re in a public park stuping!

“It’s kinda like watching an epileptic grappling with a walrus eh?  In the last scene they were in a McDonalds bathroom doing it, and in the scene before that she violated a few laws at the ATM.”

Ablo, there’s something wrong here.  These scenes seem to coincide with my day.

“How’s that sir?”

Well miss Monicolointzgee and I were just at the bank, a McDonalds restaurant and a public park.

“Were you stuping?”

In public Ablo…that’s just wierd!  What do you take me for?

“A politician sir.”

Ablo!  They’re in a movie theatre now.  And she’s giving him a—

“Yes sir, she seems to be quite the acrobat.”

But Ablo…we just this minute left the movie theatre.

“But you didn’t have sex in public places so this couldn’t be you sir.”

Turn that thing off immediately Ablo.  That’s pornographic!

“Yes sir.”

How can they have cameras in so many different places Ablo?  They shouldn’t be allowed to watch our every move!  It’s as if they have cameras everywhere.

“Pretty much.”

The next thing you know they’ll be putting them at intersections to see if we’re running red lights and speeding.  Is it just me, or is there something Orwellian about this picture?  We must put a stop to this immediately.

“But the red light and speeding cameras are paying off pretty good sir.  We’ve collected almost enough money to pay for the national debt.”

You don’t say.  Maybe we should leave those cameras alone.

“Oh, by the way, these came in the mail for you sir.”

Splendid Ablo…it must be my fan mail…they’ve got pictures of me in all of these.  There must be hundreds of them!

“They’re camera speeding tickets sir.”

Dammit Ablo!  This just isn’t fair.  I won’t pay them Ablo!  It’s taxation without representation!

“Yes sir.”

But they’re putting a dent in the national debt you say?

“Yes sir.”

Let’s keep these speeding cameras then.  From now on you’ll be driving me Ablo.

“Yes sir.”

But let’s see about getting the cameras removed from the movie theatres.  We can’t have them spying on us while we go to the show.  It just isn’t right!

Preview my new book "Fear Itself" at:          http://duffywriter.wix.com/fearitself 

Preview my book "Whiskey Me Away" at:    

http://www.wattpad.com/story/12155353-whiskey-me-away