9. Coming Closer

"What humanity needs today is not merely philosophy and theology, but a message and reassurance."

-Dada Vaswani

flash forward 6 months

I was jerked awake one morning, by my phone ringing. I was muttering curses and rubbing my eyes until I saw who it was. I smiled and my crabby feelings immediately jumped out the window.

"Hey babe," I answered.

"Hello Ms. Swift," Taylor said, I noticed he was speaking over a lot of background noise.

"So how are you today love?" I asked.

"In need of a ride to be honest," he replied.

"Is that so?" I asked, stifling a snicker, "It's a shame I can't help you out with that."

"Actually, I think you can..." he whispered cautiously.

"Taylor..." I said accusingly.

"Hey! I missed you very much so I took it upon myself to visit you for a few days," he finally announced.

I leaped out of bed and jumped up and down. "Oh my god Taylor are you serious?"

He laughed. "Yes Taybae, I am. Now would you mind driving your cute little butt down here to drive my butt to your place?"

"Yes yes I'll be right there!" I exclaimed, "I'm walking out the front door right now see you in a few hun love you!"

"Ok love you too Taybae!" he replied.

I quickly got dressed, put on some makeup and did my hair. Thank goodness there isn't much for paparazzi in Nashville, I thought.

I jumped into my Toyota and drove straight to the airport. The second I got a glance of him, I ran up to him and engulfed him into a huge hug. He kissed me hard. His arm slunk around my waist and held me tightly. We didn't say a word until we got back to my car.

"I'm super excited for your fifth album to be brutally honest with you love," he said sheepishly.

"Well thank you!" I said excitedly, "I'm mostly nervous to be brutally honest!"

He gripped my hand as I drove to my penthouse and said, "It's going to be great! You have absolutely nothing to worry about."

I looked and him and smiled faintly, unsure.

We rode the rest of the way to my penthouse in silence. It occurred to me that he had never actually been to my home before. So when we walked through the door, I gave him a grand tour. He insisted upon carrying me over his shoulder through the whole house. So the 'tour' was mostly pointless.

I directed him back to the living room and he dropped me on my back, on the couch. Then he shoved me to one side of the couch and took up more than half of the other side of the couch. I punched him playfully. He ignored it and leaned against his side of the couch. I moved over and leaned up against him. He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head. We stayed on the couch, wrapped up in each other for a long time before either one of us spoke.

"Taylor?" I hesitated.

He must've sensed something in my voice because I felt him shift on the couch.

"Yeah babe?" he answered.

I took a deep breath, "I had a nightmare last night that..." I bit my lip, "that no one liked my new album." I felt a few tears roll down my cheek.

Taylor wiped the tears off my face and held me tighter. Finally he spoke.

"Taybae, I know you're worried as hell for your new album and," he paused, looking for the right words. "And...there isn't much I can do to calm you down. But I will say, with complete confidence, that there are going to be tons of people who are going to love your new album. I already love it and all I've heard is what you've played for me over the phone!"

His hand reached out to mine and I took it. He pushed himself up so he was sitting up and I was in his lap. He kissed me on the lips.

I silently wondered if he knew that there were multiple songs on it about him. Probably not, I thought. I remembered writing Mine about him had before I broke up with him. I was hoping that maybe there was a possibility that we could live out the song. Possibly without another 2:30AM fight.

That evening, we cooked supper together and played board games. Meredith seemed to approve of Taylor. She was snuggled up to him as much as I was.

While I was laying on the couch with him, he mumbled, "I love you," into my hair. My tilted my head so I could partially see his face.

"I love you too," I said.

He buried his face in my hair and said "Good, but I love you more."

I just laughed and said, "Impossible."

We went to bed early that night. I fell asleep in the crook of his arm.

I woke up the next day at 7 in the morning. With my head on Taylor's chest, I could feel his steady breathing, so I knew he was still asleep. I carefully got up and crawled out of bed. I crept to the bathroom and took a shower. A long, hot, steamy shower. Finally, I stepped out, wrapped a towel around myself and wandered to my bedroom. I stopped just short of the closed door. I could hear Taylor talking. He was on the phone. I shouldn't eavesdrop I told myself. But I couldn't help myself...

"Yes, yes I know. Of course. No I don't care how much it costs you really think I do? I didn't really want to discuss this at Taylor's house you know," he said, sounding irritated. "She might hear me duh! What else? Alright yeah send me a picture later then, I gotta go. Ok thanks so much love ya bye."

I pressed myself to the wall. What the hell did I just hear? I forced myself to calm down. I walked into the bedroom with just my towel.

He was wearing only a pair of boxers. When he heard me enter the room, he turned around and smirked at me.

"Can I borrow that towel?" he asked coyly, "I mean, like, right this very second?"

I laughed, and tried to force what I had overheard out of my mind. I turned around to face my closet and he immediately stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my neck. Once, twice, three times, four times, five times, six, seven, eight, nine... I brushed his head away.

"Taylor I swear if you give me a hickey," I threatened.

He scoffed. "You'll do what?" As he waited for my response he returned to my neck for four more kisses before I pushed his lips away again.

"I'd do something you don't want me to do," I replied, trying to sound cryptic.

Taylor laughed but stopped kissing my neck. He grabbed some clean clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

I quickly got dressed and prepared myself for another day in so-called paradise.

A/N: idk this was mostly a filler chapter. and yeah I just updated early. i literally have nothing to do and i have writers block on my other stories so here ya go

PS-guys this story is getting closer to 300 reads that's insane thank you so much!