Chapter 199 - 209

Chapter 199: A marvelous sensation

After filling their stomachs and walking out of the shop, Phoebe and Han Shuo shopped for a bit longer amidst all the various stores in the Valley of Sunshine. Phoebe then went to find the proper members of the Cairo mercenary band to negotiate for the shop that contained the place of extreme water for Han Shuo.

Han Shuo walked alone towards the shop in which Emily was located in, planning on asking Emily to investigate Florida's background.

The same elderly man was still watching the door. This shop sold the armor in the style of Lancelot Empire knights, and because night had yet to fall, there were indeed a few wearing the armor of knights flipping through the wares located towards the front of the store.

The elderly man indicated to Han Shuo with a slight smile when he saw Han Shuo walk in. He pointed to the backyard. Han Shuo understood and made a show of picking up a set of clothing, walking over to the door that led to the backyard and walked through it.

"How did you run afoul of Florida?!" Emily was noticeably taken aback when Han Shuo started asking her about Florida with a ruthless expression on his face.

"Apart from the information everyone knows about him, do you have anything else? I know the Dark Mantle must have some other information on him!" Han Shuo glanced at Emily.

Emily's brow creased faintly as she looked at Han Shuo. "Just what is going on here?"

Han Shuo recounted what had happened last night, going over events simply. Emily then said angrily, "I've long since heard that Florida is arrogant and cocky. I hadn't thought that he would really be so domineering. The Valley of Sunshine isn't in the hands of the Rainbow Sickle mercenary band anymore. How dare he act this way!"

When he saw Emily also grow angry with him, Han Shuo's originally ticked off feelings were suddenly smoothed over. He then asked tenderly, "So what is this Florida's background?"

"The Dark Mantle stronghold located here, within the valley, is to collect local information. Florida is neither of the Lancelot Empire nor the Kasi Empire. He comes from a vassal state to the Lancelot Empire, and his grandfather is grand magus Ferguson of the Church of Light. He has a lofty status in the Church and it's said that he has an extremely high chance of advancing to magister."

"Florida grew up in the Church of Light and was personally taught by his grandfather. Apart from light major magics, he's also practiced many thunder magics. These are secrets that most don't know. Since his grandfather taught him personally and his potential is uncommon indeed, he became an archmage at a young age just three years ago. The Dark Mantle once kept an eye on him and felt that he would become one of the preeminent experts on the Continent."

"However, he didn't join the Church of Light and suddenly left a few years ago to come to the Valley of Sunshine, joining the Rainbow Sickle mercenary band shortly afterwards. Because he had such great power, he quickly won chief Jason's trust in an exceedingly short amount of time. Jason even entrusted his only daughter to him. However, old Jason fell in battle against robbers once, and his daughter also went missing as well."

"It's said that this had something to do with Florida."

"However, no one has solid evidence of this. Florida naturally took control of the Rainbow Sickle mercenary band after Jason's death. There was a group that suspected Florida had something to do with this and left the band and the valley out of resentment and anger. This was how the Cairo mercenary band grew to strength."

"At the same time, the Rainbow Sickle mercenary band has indeed developed well in Florida's hands these years, and it's gradually recovered all the strength that it'd previously lost. It's now become Cairo mercenary band's greatest opponent, and they really might regain control of the valley under Florida's hands!" Emily contemplated with a furrowed brow for a bit and conveyed all she knew.