Chapter 278 - 288

Chapter 278: A crazy proposal

"So, can you confirm my qualifications now?" Han Shuo understood full well that his magical cultivation played a huge role in his achievement today. Another reason was that his luck was quite good.

"No problem. Please wait for a moment and I'll complete everything the rest for you!" Ares replied readily and turned to nod at the archmage next to him. The baggy-robed archmage took Han Shuo's documents to the third floor.

"Mister Ares, that person has come by again." The young girl, who'd been waiting downstairs, tapped her way up and informed Ares.

Ares was stunned. He waved his hand and said, "Let him come up!"

Not long after, Candide came up with a remote expression. He was immediately a bit dazed upon seeing Han Shuo standing there.

Han Shuo was also stunned, as he hadn't expected to meet Candide in a place like this. A glint flashed through his eyes, which quickly returned to normal. He stood still while still maintaining his smile.

"You old thing. Only now did you find time to spare to come visit me!" Ares laughed heartily. He seemed to have known Candide for a long time.

"I wouldn't bother coming if I didn't have something to ask. What, are you busy with something right now?" Candide swept a glance at Ares, then over at Han Shuo. He asked with a frown, pretending to not know who Han Shuo was at all.

"Hehe, nothing! The Babylon Academy of Magic and Force just produced a magic genius. It took him less than two years to go from a mage apprentice to archmage. This is truly a great thing! His records will become an important note in the Magic Association." Ares pointed excitedly at Han Shuo and introduced him to Candide.

Candide too was clearly shocked. He truly hadn't expected Han Shuo to have reached the rank of archmage necromancer. His eyes glinted as he stared at Han Shuo a few times over before opening his mouth to speak, "Ares, if you don't mind, I would like to have a private chat with this young magic genius."

"I don't mind, but I don't know if he minds or not!" Ares glanced at Han Shuo, leaving it up to him.

Ares obviously didn't know of the relationship between Han Shuo and Candide. Han Shuo understood what Candide was saying, so he turned to nod at Ares, "I have to wait for my documents anyway. Since I have nothing to do, I don't mind chatting with him for a bit!"

"Alright, then I'll go upstairs first. The rest of you guys can go downstairs. I won't allow anyone else to come up!" Ares ordered the people on the second floor before turning to Candide with a smile, "His archmage certificate will be completed by the time you two are done chatting. Just come up and let me know then."

"No need to nag, I already know what to do!" Candide likely had a very close relationship with Ares, as he impatiently urged the latter.

Waiting until Ares and his group left, Candide looked at Han Shuo in an odd manner and said, "I've just got news from the Valley of Sunshine that you killed Ferguson from the Church of Light. I was going to find you to get a better understanding of the situation. I didn't expect you to be here, with the identity of a archmage necromancer to boot. You've truly given me a surprise!"

Han Shuo wasn't able to suppress his heart's desire during the chaos in the Valley of Sunshine. He had acted out madly, killing grand magus Ferguson of the Church of Light and heavily injured chief Adam of the House of Menlo. This news had spread all over the Valley of Sunshine. Candide had no reason to remain in the dark towards this matter as one of the Dark Mantle's three heavyweights.

Han Shuo silently looked at Candide, knowing that he didn't need to say anything about this matter since Candide already knew about it. On the other hand, he knew Candide would mention this, so he'd prepared something to say beforehand.