Chapter 56 - 66

The pain that accompanies the happy fate of a man

Steep hills bordered the sides of the large canyon with a passage that was five meters wide, right down the middle. This kind of location was the best for laying a trap for the wolf riders.

Since everyone had agreed with Han Shuo's plans, they all started busying themselves. Han Shuo didn't know much about how to set traps up himself. A group of people first used tough and tensile ropes to set up tripwires and snares along the passageway. Fanny and Gene then used advanced necromancy magics to release an acid bog behind the tripwires.

The acid bog spell was an advanced necromancy spell. It could transform a large area of land into a muddy and miry bog. When the acid bog was formed, it would immediately eat away anyone who ventured within, leaving behind only a pile of bones. This was one of the more diabolic advanced magics of the necromancy major.

However, a great deal of mental strength was needed in order to successfully cast the acid bog magic. The acid bog's range would differ according to each necromancer's mental strength. Fanny and Gene had teamed up, but only created a bog that measured five meters by five meters. Judging from how the two of them looked, they were already at their limit.

A few large boulders were placed on the top of the hills on both sides, ready to crash down on the arriving orc wolf riders. The bodies of the students and teachers of the necromancy major were all extremely frail and delicate, therefore it was naturally Han Shuo who completed the mission of moving the large boulders by himself.

After making these preparations, Gene, Bella, Bach, and a few others took cover and laid in wait on one side of the passageway. Han Shuo, Fanny, Lisa, and a few others were in charge of the other hill.

"You've changed a great deal now. If we make it back alive to the Academy, your contribution will be the greatest. I'll be sure to report this to the school authorities and obtain some rewards for you!" Fanny's body was crouched behind a large boulder and patrolled her eyes over Han Shuo's body, whispering as she did so.

Han Shuo was in the middle, with Lisa on his left and Fanny on his right. The three were very close together and when Fanny spoke in a low voice, her breath smelled like the fragrance of orchids and directly breathed onto Han Shuo's right cheek. The faint perfume made Han Shuo's heart caper like a monkey and mind gallop like a horse. He suddenly felt that this time's danger was also full of gentle charm.

He scratched his head out of habit and smiled honestly. Turning his head to boldly stare at Fanny's charming features. Fanny's hair was tousled and messy at this moment, and her face was a bit pale after expending quite a bit of mental strength to cast the acid bog. This was in stark contrast to her usual alluring beauty and overbearing air, bringing out another type of beauty for Han Shuo to see.

"Damnit, I'm talking to you, stop staring at me!" Fanny grew angry when she saw that Han Shuo was staring at her, mesmerized and not paying any attention to her. This fellow is becoming even more bold... he even dares stare so insolently at me now.

"Heh heh, Master Fanny, you're so beautiful. It won't cost you anything if I stare at you, so why must you be so stingy?" Han Shuo flirted with a light laugh.

A sudden wave of pain travelled from Han Shuo's left arm. His face turned wry and he turned his head to cast a glance at Lisa. Upon seeing that Lisa was staring at him viciously, he hastily squeezed out a smile and said, "Of course, Lisa you're also very beautiful, heh heh."

Holding her head high with a light snort, Lisa glared at Han Shuo and said huffily. "Don't think that I can't take you down a notch now that you're stronger. Humph. Since we have some free time now, hurry and tell me how you came to have mental strength and even mastered the bone arrow magic. How many secrets have you not told me?"