Chapter 89 - 99

Chapter 89: An odd phenomenon in the molded spirit realm

"Mister Duke, you're too polite. Go ahead and ask whatever you'd like to know." Fanny passed a chair to Duke and smiled faintly.

Duke glanced over Han Shuo's body and then naturally looked back at Fanny, as if not minding Han Shuo at all. He didn't take the chair that Fanny passed over and only said politely, "I won't be sitting, I'm just here to ask you a small question. I'll leave after I've asked it. Master Fanny, you've always studied necromancy magic. Have you ever heard of the 'Eye of Darkness'?"

On the side, Han Shuo silently observed Duke and noticed that his eyes were fixed tightly onto Fanny after he said these words, as if wanting to glean some clues from Fanny's face.

Shaking her head, Fanny's expression was perplexed as she asked Duke instead, "What is this 'Eye of Darkness'? Does it have something to do with the necromancy major?"

"Heh heh, it's just a small tool. I'm not too certain of the specifics either, that's why I wanted to ask you. Since you don't know as well, forget about it. Apologies for disturbing you." Duke wore a gentle smile having delivered this line after entering through the door. He nodded towards Fanny and walked towards the door again. When he reached the door, he seemed to suddenly think of something again and asked carelessly, "Oh right Master Fanny, I've heard that the library of your necromancy major is combined with the dark major's. The necromancy major was once greater than the dark major many years ago. Do you not have your own standalone library?"

"Heh heh, Mister Duke you've said so yourself that it was many years ago when the necromancy major was at its peak. The magics that necromancers now grasp are limited and there aren't that many books to be displayed." Fanny laughed lightly and then paused. She said diffidently, "Oh, right, I've heard that there's a secret library within our school. There are forbidden texts from all the various majors within the library, preserved secretly only with authorization from the Empire. I've only heard of the other teachers mention it once and have never known where this secret library was hidden within the school."

"I see, then I'll be taking my leave. I'll be taking up residence within your Academy for the immediate future. May I come bother you with any other questions I may have?"

"Happy to be of service!"

It looked like Duke hadn't recognized Han Shuo. The former hadn't paid any attention to Han Shuo after his initial glance when he walked into room. Han Shuo rejoiced inwardly after Duke left.

"Alright, what questions do you have?" Fanny flicked a glance at Han Shuo after Duke left and asked with ill temper.

His space ring lighting up faintly, Han Shuo brought out the questions that he'd organized previously. He sat down naturally in the chair that Duke hadn't occupied just now, and started with his first question.

As an adept necromancer, Fanny had a very complete grasp of theoretical knowledge. Questions that had troubled Han Shuo for quite some time were all easily resolved with Fanny's explanations.

"Summoning zombies are a bit more troublesome than skeletons because the volume and weight of zombies are greater. You'll need to expend more mental strength when summoning them. In addition, the control of zombies is also more complicated than skeletons. The bodies of zombies are much more durable than skeletons. If you wish to agilely control them, you must practice repeatedly..." Fanny's voice was gentle as she concentrated on pointing out a few things to take note of when summoning zombies.

When Fanny finished explaining, Han Shuo's brow knit fiercely together as he sank into a state of contemplation. Fanny didn't make a sound to disturb Han Shuo when she saw that he was thinking.