Chapter 188 - 198

Chapter 188: Inner conflict

Han Shuo's "Art of the Demonic Ninth Heavens" was more than a bit faster than the levitation spells that the archmages could cast. Therefore, when he circulated his magical yuan during his flight, his speed was faster than anyone could possibly imagine.

Because he had previously used the "Demonic Art of Assimilation" to absorb the flesh, blood, and souls of one of the knights, his injuries from when he'd clashed with Bob Ascher had been completely healed. When he flew now, his speed was like a loosed arrow. He flashed through the dark sky and disappeared from view.

Lawrence and Belinda were inwardly rejoicing as they drew close to Han Shuo, only to see his speed suddenly double and disappear from their line of sight.

Shaking his head with a wry smile, Lawrence was full of agitation as he became even more aware of Han Shuo's amazing abilities.

He also made up his mind at this moment that he would recruit Han Shuo under his banner.

"Well?" Han Shuo slowed down after increasing the distance between him and the other two.

"How did you do it?" Phoebe's voice was full of surprise.

"Heh heh, don't pay attention to that. The reason I can fly through the air is not because of necromancy." Han Shuo smiled with explanation.

Dawn was about to break after a night of chase. The Kerlan Grand Canyon was bathed in morning light as the sun slowly began to rise.

As he looked back, Han Shuo discovered that Gilbert, Emily, Lawrence, and Belinda's figures were slowly approaching. When they caught up to Han Shuo, Han Shuo could also see a dense gathering of black dots in the distance.

Judging them their distance, Han Shuo discovered that his group had maintained an ideal distance from the Gryphon Legion's soldiers. When he looked at the Kerlan Grand Canyon beneath them, Han Shuo encouraged everyone, "We'll be able to make use of the complicated terrain within the grand canyon and use accumulated snow on the trees to conceal ourselves. The Gryphon Legion soldiers won't be able to find us then.

Everyone knew what to do without further instructions from Han Shuo. Everyone became even more enthusiastic as they charged forward. They indeed reached the grand canyon before the soldiers made caught up to them.

The Kerlan Grand Canyon was vast. The mountain ranges, lakes, and forests within were located between the Lancelot Empire, the Kasi Empire, and the orcs. The orcs lived in the territory to the west of the Kerlan Grand Canyon, and the border of the Kais Empire was to the north. If one traveled a few days south of the canyon, one would find themselves in Zajoski City in the Lancelot Empire.

The orcs of the Lancelot Empire lived in a triangular region surrounded by the Kerlan Grand Canyon. This area didn't belong to either empire, and the Kerlan Grand Canyon was always the focal point of conflict whenever war broke out. However, a few cities and towns still existed in such a special geographic region, with members from both the Lancelot and Kasi Empires, as well as orcs living amongst them.

They used this special geographic region to conduct mutually beneficial transactions. The merchants and adventurers from all three nations coexisted peacefully within these cities and towns before war broke out.

Of course, as runaways, Han Shuo's group didn't plan on hiding in these places. All of them landed as soon as they entered the Kerlan Grand Canyon. As someone who'd long since run a merchant guild, Phoebe and the highly competent Emily immediately took control of operations. The two of them discussed briefly and walked forward after settling on a direction.