Part 4

Arohi was pacing to and fro in living room anxiously. Arjun had dropped her more than an hour ago. It took them exactly 35 minutes to reach here from office and in that time she tried her best to tell him everything her parents might ask him at dinner. Now it was already 5 minutes past 8 and he still hadn't shown up...What if he changed his mind? If did that she will be in deep shit...she thought scared.

Tired from her pacing she sat on couch and glanced at wall clock one more minute...opening front camera of her iPhone she checked her eyeliner...She was wearing full length baby pink Anarkali which had little work on border and her dupatta had some thread work giving an elegant look to suit. She had kept her shiny black hair open. Her favorite pair of jhumkas was dangling in her ears and lot of bangles in her hand and she had worn silver stilettoes to match her attire. But what a waste all this would be if that arrogant Singhania didn't show up!

And to put an end to her misery doorbell rang...She shot up from her seat and rushed to open the door. DJ gave her teasing looks making her blush. How she wish it wasn't act but reality!

Composing herself she opened the door to see the mighty Arjun Singhania standing in all his glory holding a bouquet of purple orchids. A smile graced her lips seeing them...he remembered her favorite flowers which she had told him in car. But more than them right now something or better to say someone else was taking all her attention. Wearing Chocolate brown Armani Suit with a white shirt underneath, he was looking sinfully handsome. She was sure she must have missed few heartbeats..

"Finally u are here" she said trying hard to not ogle at him...

"Are u going to keep him standing at door whole night?" it was her bua...

She hesitantly looked at him and took hold of his hand. When he looked at raising his brows she conveniently ignored his stare and led him inside...

She gulped soundly as they stood in front of her family...

"Dad" she started meekly..."He is Arjun Sir"

Sudhir came and stood in front of him gazing him sternly...when he stared at their joined hands Arohi quickly withdrew her hand.

"Hello Sir" Arjun offered his hand...

Sudhir looked at him and then at his hand for some time before taking his offered hand...

"agr tera usko drana ho gya toh hum bhi mil le us se?" DJ said from behind clearly irritated at her son. (If u are done scaring him can we meet?)

Sudhir shot a glare at her which futile as she glared him back plainly stating I-M-YOUR-MOM. He sighed and settled back on his seat...

Surprising Arohi Arjun himself walked towards DJ offering her the bouquet and her eyes literally popped out when he bent to touch her feet. Okay So Mr. Hottie is Sanskari as well she though in her mind.

"oh look Maa, he brought Arohi's fav flowers" Love chided.

Joining his hands he greeted her mother and bua and settled on couch opposite to Sudhir.

"correct me if I am wrong, u completed ur graduation from Cambridge University" Sudhir said breaking the silence...

Arjun nodded.

"and ur MBA from one of the topmost business school?"

He again nodded...

Sudhir leaned back heaving sigh "U r one of the most successful businessman of India so all these clearly means u have a fine functioning brain!"

When everyone gave him a confused look he added "I always thought no sane man would ever be able to handle my daughter"

Everyone burst laughing while Arohi whined "Dad" and Arjun sat completely stunned.

And the evening began on light note...

After serving Arjun in his plate, Arohi sat beside him serving herself...

"Arohi told me about ur favorite dishes so I made them all" Amrit said affectionately..

Arjun looked at her gratefully "Thank u Mrs. Ahluwalia"

"Aru, pass me salad" Love asked extending her hand.

When Arohi was giving her plate love noticed the burn mark on her hand..."Aru...What's this?"

Arohi sheepishly glanced at Arjun "I dropped coffee on my hand in office"

"but u don't like coffee" Love said confused.

"I was serving him" she said pointing at Arjun...

Love passed a naughty look to both of them "aaww getting raunchy in office"

Listening her Arjun choked on his food...Arohi quickly thumped his back and offered him water glaring at Love who just winked in return.

"Love" Sudhir said in warning tone.

Ignoring his brother completely Love continued his torture "So Arjun tell me about ur love story?"

"Bua but I already told u" Arohi knew if Love started with her questions it was not going to end well...

Love rolled her eyes "But I want to know Arjun's side of story too.." "So Arjun tell me how u fell in love with this cartoon?"

Arohi sunk back on her chair though she has told Arjun about the story she had told her family but she doubt he had listened any of her word...if he said anything wrong, everything will finish.

Arjun cleared his throat "It all started when she came crashing down on me"

oh okay! Beginning is correct

"she is my assistant...we met daily and we fell in love"

Safe play Mr. Singhania she thought where as her heart sighed only if this was true!

Love made a duh face "he is so boring, Aru!"

"Bua!" Arohi glared at her..."Arjun Sir doesn't like to talk much about himself...Stop irritating him with ur questions"

"oh-ho...abhi se hi all protected over him Aru" Love chuckled making everyone on table laugh except Arjun and Arohi off-course.

"vaise Arjun...Arohi told us everything...how u wooed her!? It was so sweet of u..." Love sighed dramatically "I wish I had a lover like u who would send me my favorite flowers daily..."

As Arjun raised his eyebrows at her, Arohi sank down in her chair avoiding looking at her..."What else she told u bua...?"

"ah" "how u never gave up n kept asking her out for a month until she said yes!"

Arohi gave him a sorry face as he passed her a 'oh really' look...

"and yes...she also told us about how u distributed Rasagullas to whole staff when u got to know about her love for them"

Arohi groaned sinking deeper in her seat...Why wont her bua just shut up!

"actually bua..." Arjun said leaning back on his chair..."I guess I should tell u whole story...some parts which I am sure Arohi forgot to tell u" he said passing her an arrogant smile.

Damn! Arohi..u should have kept ur big mouth shut...now god knows what this sadu would tell her family...What-if he told them truth!! she gasped in her thoughts u r gone Arohi...be ready to be Mrs. Chiku