Part 12

Arohi sighed for the nth time looking at main entrance of office. Arjun was expected to return today but it was already noon and he hasn't shown up yet! She was very eager to see him. Last 3 days had been like hell for her. She missed him terribly. Though they exchanged few mails under pretense of work issues but there was almost negligent talk about work. In one of his mail he mentioned on how he was expecting an answer from her as soon as they meet next. Although she gave a very boring reply to him but from inside she was dying to go on a date with him.

When after lunch he still didn't turn up, Arohi slipped into his cabin just to miss him a little less. Keeping the files on table she slumped down on his chair. Resting her chin on her fist she pondered about the reasons of his not being there.

Maybe his flight got delayed or worse he missed his flight!?

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't notice the opening and closing of door. Her reverie broke when she heard someone clearing his throat. Her eyes met with her favorite pair of eyes. There he was standing wearing a rust brown suit with white shirt underneath and a white pocket square. He could put any vogue model to shame. She thought with her eyes fixed on him. It was a heavenly feeling of seeing him after so many days. She was very strongly controlling her urge to hug him. She frowned seeing an amused look on his face and then she realized where she was! She quickly stood up from his chair.

"What are u doing in here Miss Arohi?"

Arohi looked around to make excuse "Files! I was here to keep these files." She pointed at files she had brought with herself before.

With an evil grin on his face he walked towards her.

"oh! And I thought u were missing me"

She scoffed fakely with a light shake of her head "Why would I miss u? I had so much work that only thing I missed was meals"

"Would u have missed me if there was no work?" he asked tucking a tendril behind her ear.

Her breath got stuck in her throat still she managed to answer "Maybe! What about u? Did u miss me?"

"Not really! There was always someone to hold my attention" he winked suggestively and passing her sat on his chair.

Fury rushed in her veins hearing him. Here she was counting each second to see him again and he was entertaining himself with other bitches.

Arohi didn't realized she actually said it loud until he noticed the goofy grin pasted on his face.

"Seems like u missed me very much!!" he stated smirking.

Her cheeks flushed red due to embarrassment "I should leave" she turned to leave but he held her wrist and pulled her towards him. She fell on his chest leaning on his sitting form.

"It's Wednesday. I am here and now I want my answer." He spoke huskily in her ears pushing her hair back.

She tried standing but his hold only tightened on her. After few failed attempts she finally gave up and looked at him "My answer depends on whether u missed me or not!?"

She noticed how his eyes twinkled with her comeback. He pulled her completely on his lap.

"I'll show u better how much I missed u if u will allow me"

"Arjun Singhania and asking for permission- That's new" she slyly grinned making him laugh.

Interleaving his fingers in her hair he brought her face closer to him "I am taking ur answer to be Yes!" he whispered just a breath away from her.