Minus One (Ron)

Good afternoon, everyone. Just to warn you, this chapter is sad, to go ahead and get in bed, grab some popcorn, slip on your PJs, and bring along some tissues. I'm also really sorry that it's short, but I'm going to upload again today, so don't fret! Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to a scream. I open my eyes but don't move. I can barely see Harry- someone is advancing on him. 

"Stop! No, stop!" Harry is scrambling back, trying not to get stabbed. "Ahh! Help me! Ginny! Ginny! Help!" He's yelling desperately. I want to help, but I feel paralyzed. Ginny comes around the corner. She crawls over to Harry. "Harry what's-" She looks stunned. The boy cuts a gash in her arm. She turns around and kicks him in the jaw. He tries to stab her, but Ginny gets back and grabs his knife out of his hands. She then cuts his neck, but he quickly turns her around and stabs her back. "Ginny!" I scream. "Get out! Go!" I draw my knife out of my bag. The boy runs. I'll never know who it is.

I can't cry. I can't cry. "Ron!" She crawls over to me. I can see that Hermione and Draco are also awake. "Ginny..." I call out hoarsely. Not Ginny. Never, ever Ginny. She's only twelve. Only twelve. Maybe it's a dream. Maybe it's all just a dream and this isn't happening. Ginny isn't dying because this is a dream. I'll wake up, and I'll be back home, and everything will be great. With Ginny. Except for the fact that it won't. It won't get better. Why would it get better? I can't trick myself, because this is happening. Ginny is dying. She'll be dead soon. There's no doubt. 

"Come here," I say. I can't cry. Then Ginny will die crying. That can't happen. Ginny is a happy girl. Ginny isn't a sad girl, but a strong one. She's a brave girl. She's a smart girl. She's a kind girl. She's an introverted girl. A quiet girl. A passionate girl. And most of all, she's my girl. My Ginny. She's no one else's. She belongs to me. She's my sister. My little sister, who will die in a few seconds. I need to grasp onto this. I can't believe I ever took her for granted. I can't believe I ever yelled at, or fought with, or told on, this sweet, young girl, who I will never see again. Ever. "Hey, remember that time we were running down the street to catch the family owl? Errol's so dumb. Hey, don't cry. Shh, don't cry." I say, tearing up myself. "Don't cry. Don't cry. Remember that time we ate the whole cake that was supposed to be for Percy? Mom hasn't found out yet. Hey, and remember that time we begged dad to go to the lake but when we got there it was gone?" She giggles. "Oh, and remember that time we put chicken poop in Fred and George's beds?" She says. We both laugh. "Yeah, good times," I say. Her breathing starts to slow down. Her eyes are almost still. She's shaking. I push her fiery hair out of her face. "Can you do me one last favor?" She barely nods. "Wait for me." 

I scream. I scream again. I scream and I scream until I can't anymore. 

Then I sob. I sob even more. Even harder. I sob and I sob until I can't anymore. 

I sleep. I sleep a lot. I sleep even longer. I sleep and I sleep until I can't anymore. 

I weep. I weep all the time. I weep and I weep until I can't anymore.

I mourn. I mourn and mourn until I can't anymore. 

Then I get bored. I can't go on like this. It's the day after Ginny died, and I feel worse than I did before. I haven't eaten or drank anything since her death. I feel like I've lost a component of myself. I don't want to keep on moving. But I do. I walk up the mountains with the rest of the team. We finally get to a stopping point. "Let's stay here for the night," Draco says. We settle down, and I get into a sleeping bag by myself, although I wish I could be warm. "Hey Ron, can I use your sleeping bag after my watch?" "Um," I don't want to be rude so I say, "Sure. You do you. My watch if after yours by the way." Ginny's and the boy who killed her's faces shine up in the sky. 

"Good. He died. He shouldn't have messed with Ginny. Hey, Hermione, I'll watch first. You go ahead and go to sleep, alright?"