15. j û - g o

trigger warning: mental illness 

|Narrator|

Taehyung was there.

He was always there.

Sitting under the same tree at the park in utter disbelief. Not only because Saniya left with Jinyoung, but instead who this Jinyoung character was.

Bitter flashbacks of Jinyoung's family's brutal deaths haunted him. Their loud agonizing screams, bloodshed on the walls was triggering enough for him as he reached into the coat of his pocket for his medication.

Luckily there was one tablet left as Taehyung easily took it without any water as he leaned his head back hoping for the horrible thoughts to go away.

The chemical balance in his body began changing as he felt mild again. He felt at ease again.

Or so he thought.

Taehyung leaned his head forward massaging his temples feeling his brain throb inside his skull.

"Taking a breather?"

Taehyung froze at the sound of the voice turning around to see Jimin neatly dressed in a suit and tie. He began to notice his surroundings were different. The rough edges of the tree trunk soon replaced by a soft grassy field.

He was no longer under the tree at the park anymore.

Rubbing his temples, feeling the building heat in his cheeks which could only mean that this was reailty.

Had this all been a dream?

"How long have I been out here?" Taehyung questioned as an intangible heaviness sat on his shoulders. "Not long...say about five minutes". He shook his head feeling somewhat better that he hasn't been completely out of it for long. Pulling his legs up to his chest staring at the open grass before him.

It's been a while since something like this last happened. Taehyung knew his condition could never be cured, but can be controlled through his daily medication.

How could his meds fail on him like this?

He glanced besides him finally noticing his friends dressy appearance. Taehyung snickered. "Why the hell are you wearing a suit and tie?"

Jimin chuckled. "Are you sure you're not really losing it?"

Taehyung's smile fell. "Not funny man". Jimin placed his hands up in surrender. "Calm down, how could you forget your own gala too? What else don't you remember?"

"Gala what are yo-" Taehyung froze once he looked over his shoulder and what he saw frightened him. Disbelief struck him hard, his heart nearly jumping out his chest.

His parent's mansion and childhood home had burned down years ago. How could it possibly stand before him now as if no such thing ever happened?

Jimin tiltled his head realizing how fucked up his friend really was. "I think we should head back inside now". Taehyung remained silent while following behind the shorter male. To say he was conflicted wouldn't even summarize half of what was going on inside his head.